Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 111

Thread: Manning Vs Ben

  1. #81
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,213
    we spend most (salary cap) and high draft choices ( the majority) on defense.

    why is it hard to understand why we expect better from them?

    we spent two #1 picks to back up an all pro (smith) for 2 years (possibly 3 if smith dont get hurt) and another to back up keisel for what looks like will be at least 2 years. we spent another high #2 to back up 2 other all pros at OLB at the same time we're trying to trot out an OL that didnt have a draft pick in the top 2 rounds for over 10 years (simmons to pouncey)... thats something no other NFL team has done in that period
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 09-12-2012 at 03:21 PM.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    we spend most (salary cap) and high draft choices ( the majority) on defense.

    why is it hard to understand why we expect better from them?

    we spent two #1 picks to back up an all pro (smith) for 2 years (possibly 3 if smith dont get hurt) and another to back up keisel for what looks like will be at least 2 years. we spent another high #2 to back up 2 other all pros at OLB at the same time we're trying to trot out an OL that didnt have a draft pick in the top 2 rounds for over 10 years (simmons to pouncey)... thats something no other NFL team has done in that period
    I am disappointed in our defense. They stink too... There isn't any young player on our defense that I am excited about and that's sad. With that said, the defense has carried this team to the success that we are all so proud of. Aaron Smith, Hoke, Farrior, Hampton, Foote, Taylor, Harrison, etc. Those guy have retired or are playing past their primes. We need to accept that our defense is a little void of talent right now and is transitioning. IMO our strenghth should be our offense. You got pro bowlers at QB, WR's, TE, Center, and serviceable running backs. Our offensive talent is young and in their prime. I'm sorry! We should not be struggling so much to put quality points on the board. If Joe Flacco can torch a pretty good bengal defense than why can't Ben pick somebody's defense apart?

  3. #83
    Manning is the best QB in history......during the regular season.

    The last time I went to a bar to waqtch a Steelers Colts game was in 2005.
    Manning was awesome, Ben was not. We got Killed far worse than this year.

    We beat those same Colts that year, Ben was the better QB.
    We went on to win the SB.

    THAT is the difference in the two

  4. #84
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,323
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    not sure what your getting at?

    i laughed at the notion that CC doesnt criticize ben or the steelers. i quoted what he said..sounds like a criticism...no?

    the troll think an ex Bengal who cant stand the steelers wont criticize ben
    I misread... apologies

  5. #85
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,379
    I always find it odd that they hype an NFL game as QB vs QB when the 2 QBs aren't on the field at the same time playing against each other.

  6. #86
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,953
    If you want an honest comparison between Ben and Manning then consider this; pre-snap, there is nobody in the league (and maybe in the history of the NFL) better than Manning at reading and diagnosing and adjusting to a defense. Post-snap, I wager Ben can do more than any QB in the league with a broken play.

  7. #87
    Backup
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Sipe + Kosar = 0 rings

    Roethisberger = 2 rings
    So since Ben has 2 rings that automatically makes him better than Peyton Manning and Dan Marino right? See how ridiculous your argument is?

  8. #88
    Backup
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Actually, had the Steelers not drafted Ben in 2004, they likely would have taken Steven Jackson from what I remember. That would have given them a great running game, but still lacking at QB. They would have finished much worse than they did that season, and they probably would have picked Aaron Rodgers in the 2005 draft as he went plummeting through the first round (I can make this assumption based on the fact that Ben was indeed drafted just a year before, so obviously the team was on the lookout for top QB talent). We then wouldn't have Heath Miller.
    Aaron Rodgers????? I would be a happy individual if your scenario panned out. We would probably have a UCLA basketball like winning streak

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    So since Ben has 2 rings that automatically makes him better than Peyton Manning and Dan Marino right? See how ridiculous your argument is?
    No, I don't.

    Because my argument is that Ben would not have been successful in Cleveland. As far as I know, neither Peyton Manning nor Dan Marino played for Cleveland...

    Perhaps you should follow the advice of your own screen name and stop playing...

  10. #90
    Backup
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    423
    Manning was on a team WORSE than the Browns. How did the Colts get the NUMBER 1 PICK? The got it because prior to Manning the Colts werent any good (Harbaugh and his comeback kid crap that almost beat us not withstanding). Indy was Cleveland until they got an elite qb. How did the Colts do without Manning? They were the Browns again. Again they got the #1 pick (Luck) Without Ben we lose to the Ravens by 3 points (Dixon, Batch) and go 3-1. Notice the colts could not do that?

    Lastly, the Dolphins havent been relevant since Marino.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •