Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Manning Vs Ben

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    I could care less about 3rd downs.
    This is incredibly short sighted...if Ben isn't a monster on 3rd downs, we never even make it into the red zone (when you are averaging less than 3 yards per carry as a team).

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Actually, had the Steelers not drafted Ben in 2004, they likely would have taken Steven Jackson from what I remember. That would have given them a great running game, but still lacking at QB. They would have finished much worse than they did that season, and they probably would have picked Aaron Rodgers in the 2005 draft as he went plummeting through the first round (I can make this assumption based on the fact that Ben was indeed drafted just a year before, so obviously the team was on the lookout for top QB talent). We then wouldn't have Heath Miller.
    Rumors have it that Cowher was enamoured with Shawn Andrews in 2004.

In order to draft Rodgers in 2005, we would have had to trade up (we took Heath at #30; Rodgers went to Green Bay at #24). We would have needed to give up our 3rd round pick to move up into that area (which means no Trai Essex either...heartbreaker, I know).

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The defense allowed three 80 yard drives for points...

The offense left points on the field and Ben threw a pick 6 that ended any attempt at a come from behind win...

There is plenty of blame to go around...
    With all that said, that game was very much to be had if Ben would have made a few more plays, plays that I would expect an "elite" QB to make. At the very least that game should have been 27-22 victory STEELERS..... You think the bronco fans are discussing their defensive inefficiencies right now. Their defense sure did leave a lot to be desired. No, bronco fans ain't worrying about their defense. Why? Because they have PEYTON MANNING! A truly an ELITE QB! If we had one of those, we would be worrying about our defense either....

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    No, bronco fans ain't worrying about their defense. Why?
    Because their defense scored a TD that put the game away...

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Because their defense scored a TD that put the game away...
    I guess I could manage to intercept a pass thrown right to me. Ya think!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    After the game Manning said to BEN "You were amazing on 3rd down tonight"
    Ben gets respect from Peyton Manning, probably more meaningful than the disrespect from some of the people on this board
    Ben was amazing on 3rd down but it doesn't really matter because he wasn't amazing in the red zone or in the last 3 minutes.

The pass to Heath that was batted down was inexcusable IMO.

The other thing that is funny is the notion Peyton did "just enough" to win. The guy had the ball for 36 seconds in the 3rd quarter and still outscored us...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    collinsworth after the pick 6

"ben cant say he didnt see him, he saw him and tried to zip the ball in there. which was obviously a big mistake"

"likes ben and slow to criticize him"...lol

i guy who openly says he doesnt like the steelers
    did you watch the replay? Was Collinsworth making this up?

It sure looked like Ben stared Sanders down, saw the DB and tried to zip it in.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Rumors have it that Cowher was enamoured with Shawn Andrews in 2004.

In order to draft Rodgers in 2005, we would have had to trade up (we took Heath at #30; Rodgers went to Green Bay at #24). We would have needed to give up our 3rd round pick to move up into that area (which means no Trai Essex either...heartbreaker, I know).
    According to the way it played out, we would have had to move up, but like I said...I don't expect we would have gone 15-1 without Ben, so the draft position would have been much lower to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    According to the way it played out, we would have had to move up, but like I said...I don't expect we would have gone 15-1 without Ben, so the draft position would have been much lower to begin with.
    No, we wouldn't have gone 15-1. Tommy got hurt and I doubt whoever the next backup was at the time would have done much (they typically don't). That said, Tommy would have been back the next year and Cowher would probably have wanted to take a later round QB to try and groom, not Rodgers.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    did you watch the replay? Was Collinsworth making this up?

It sure looked like Ben stared Sanders down, saw the DB and tried to zip it in.
    not sure what your getting at?

i laughed at the notion that CC doesnt criticize ben or the steelers. i quoted what he said..sounds like a criticism...no?

the troll think an ex Bengal who cant stand the steelers wont criticize ben