Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Manning Vs Ben

Backup
    Why must Steelers fans use excuse after excuse for when the sacks happened. If Ben threw a game winning TD in desperation time then should that diminsh the feat? No. You would be screaming about how clutch he is. But the opposite happened in a negative light and you diminsh it.

Fact remains that Ben Roethlisberger is 10-3 in the Playoffs with 20 TDS and 17 INTS. Sorry if I'm not overly excited about those stats.

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Why must Steelers fans use excuse after excuse for when the sacks happened. If Ben threw a game winning TD in desperation time then should that diminsh the feat? No. You would be screaming about how clutch he is. But the opposite happened in a negative light and you diminsh it.

Fact remains that Ben Roethlisberger is 10-3 in the Playoffs with 20 TDS and 17 INTS. Sorry if I'm not overly excited about those stats.

the sacks would be much more comparable to a garbage time TD. That's a gimme, how the heck did you miss that one?

I'm late to the party and don't have time to wade through all 50 posts, but the OP in this thread -and anyone who agrees with him- doesn't have a clue. Simple.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Do you realize that Ben was not sacked for a long while to start the game? They got two more bull**** sacks at the end of the game when we had subs.
    Exactly right. One sack in the entire first half. More than half the sacks came in mop-up at the end of the game when the Broncs knew they had to pass. Some people have a hard time assimilating what their eyes are seeing.

Peyton Manning makes a line better by getting the ball out quickly. Its not about the line its about your MIND. How many times did Peytons mind put the Broncos in a good situation? The screen TD was an audible by manning. The draw play TD was an audible by Manning. My question is why cant Ben do the same thing? Mannig has done this for years. Ben is a 9 year vet and he is still staring down receivers (See pick 6). Frankly, I'm tired of all the qb around the league improving and ours staying the same. I have Raven relatives and they are getting progressively arrogant due in large because of their qb playing better. I want ours to too.
    Couldn't have said it better.....

Hall of Famer
    collinsworth after the pick 6

"ben cant say he didnt see him, he saw him and tried to zip the ball in there. which was obviously a big mistake"

"likes ben and slow to criticize him"...lol

i guy who openly says he doesnt like the steelers

Backup
    It was a BAD decision, Sanders wasnt even open. You guys make excuses for the sacks (Ben will lead the league again in sacks). You make excuses for the pick 6. Fact is Peyton Manning is leaps and bounds better than our guy. Why doesnt Ben improve at the line of scrimmage? Anyone?

Backup
    Our Qb had a 70 rating for the game. Thats what I expect from a bum like Kordell not a stud like Ben. He has to be more consistent. One 30 TD season in his career. As I said before, would he be this successful in Cleveland? A lot of Bens success is due to the STEELERS

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    I'm late to the party and don't have time to wade through all 50 posts, but the OP in this thread -and anyone who agrees with him- doesn't have a clue. Simple.
    So Manning didnt outplay our guy? Ok

So Manning didnt outplay our guy? Ok
    Nobody said that....Manning was amazing. If someone wants to blame Roethlisberger for the loss or call him out for having a bad game, then yes, I would suggest that individual is an idiot with zero football acumen. Ben missed a couple of receivers that were wide open in that 4th quarter and he obviously threw the pick-6. Not his best game. If it wasn't for that sorry excuse of a defensive effort that we saw on Sunday, we wouldn't have had to push the ball downfield inside of the last 2 minutes.

Roethlisberger made throws on Sunday night that were jaw-dropping and his performance on third down was amongst the best of his entire career. Because of the late game miscues, you can't say he had one of his best games, but to discount how he carried this team for 55 minutes is simply retarded.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp