Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 111

Thread: Manning Vs Ben

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Manning Vs Ben

    We lost for a number of reasons. But the biggest reason is that Peyton Manning outplayed Ben. Simple.

  2. #2
    I mean Peyton single handedly beat us (grrrr). I have heard for years that Ben gets sacked because of Arians, the Line etc etc. We have upgraded the line (even before DC got hurt) and Ben is still getting sacked. Upgraded the line, Arians is gone, the sacks still exist. Just like it did when Wiz was with us. Multiple sacks under Wiz, Arians and 5 under Haley. Is it the Oc? The line? or Ben? I think the answer is obvious.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    I mean Peyton single handedly beat us (grrrr). I have heard for years that Ben gets sacked because of Arians, the Line etc etc. We have upgraded the line (even before DC got hurt) and Ben is still getting sacked. Upgraded the line, Arians is gone, the sacks still exist. Just like it did when Wiz was with us. Multiple sacks under Wiz, Arians and 5 under Haley. Is it the Oc? The line? or Ben? I think the answer is obvious.
    Do you realize that Ben was not sacked for a long while to start the game? They got two more bull**** sacks at the end of the game when we had subs.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,365
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Do you realize that Ben was not sacked for a long while to start the game? They got two more bull**** sacks at the end of the game when we had subs.

    What difference does it make when they happened? They still happened. It's like the old argument of taking away a RB's longest carry and saying their YPC wasn't as good without it.

    Ben got sacked 3 times to end the game. Maybe something should have been done differently after the 1st of them to avoid the next 2???

  5. #5
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,912
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    What difference does it make when they happened? They still happened. It's like the old argument of taking away a RB's longest carry and saying their YPC wasn't as good without it.

    Ben got sacked 3 times to end the game. Maybe something should have been done differently after the 1st of them to avoid the next 2???
    At that point in the game, down multiple scores with little time left and no timeouts, the only possible prayer of a chance of victory was an 80 yard TD pass followed by an onside kick recovery, and a ultimately a hail mary game winner. At the point when those last several sacks happened, Ben wasn't playing like he played in the first 3 quarters anymore...he didn't have the option of a checkdown to his outlet anymore...he was holding the ball and hoping for some Ben magic on a bomb...and the pass rushers (who were just pinning their ears back) got to him. So, yeah, the situation matters.

  6. #6
    How can you posess the football for almost the entire 3rd quarter and come away with only 3 points. SMH! But yet it's the defense's fault....

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Do you realize that Ben was not sacked for a long while to start the game? They got two more bull**** sacks at the end of the game when we had subs.
    Exactly right. One sack in the entire first half. More than half the sacks came in mop-up at the end of the game when the Broncs knew they had to pass. Some people have a hard time assimilating what their eyes are seeing.

  8. #8
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,912
    Sure, Peyton didn't turn the ball over while Ben threw a pick 6 when he had 3 minutes to go an an opportunity to win the game, so that was the ultimately the most striking difference in the game. But Ben wasn't exactly awful. He was an insane 10 for 11 on 3rd downs with 9 of them converted into 1st downs. Even Peyton himself told Ben after the game, "You were awesome on 3rd down tonight" (during that mic'ed up segment at halftime of MNF last night). And it wasn't like he was just taking horrible sacks all game long...he pretty much was taking what the defense was giving him all game long...3 sacks happened on consecutive when they were down 2 scores with under 2 minutes to go and no timeouts in pure desperation mode and the D could just pin their ears back against an offensive line with a completely new right side.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    We lost for a number of reasons. But the biggest reason is that Peyton Manning outplayed Ben. Simple.
    Imagine that!! A 36 year old QB, who has missed an entire season recovering from a broken neck and a paralyzed arm, on his first game back can out play our "elite" QB in his prime and the reason why we ever win a game! Go figure.....

    Sadly enough! There are plenty of posters on this board that will still argue to their last breath that Ben is a better QB than Peyton Manning. Go figure....

  10. #10
    Ben also got a fumble recovery and a good return by Brown to put him in Bronco territory both times. 1 Fg to show for it. Yes, he was awesome on third down. I too heard Peyton tell him that in the miced session. The fact is that the sack problem still exists despite the line changes. Despite the firing of Arians. He had them with Wiz, Arians and so far with Haley. Stop the excuses, its obvious. Ben has got to learn to consistently take what the defense gives him. Frickin Flacco has more win than Ben since 08. Flacco IS NOT BETTER THAN BEN! Nor does he have a better team. But I will say that he is smarter than Ben (Based on decision making and ability to process the information quicker)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •