Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Manning Vs Ben

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Frickin Flacco has more win than Ben since 08.
    And yet Ben has been to the Super Bowl following the 2008 and 2010 seasons (winning a ring in 200 while the Ravens haven't been to the Super Bowl since 2001 with Trent Dilfer.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    And yet Ben has been to the Super Bowl following the 2008 and 2010 seasons (winning a ring in 200 while the Ravens haven't been to the Super Bowl since 2001 with Trent Dilfer.
    In 08 Ben had like 24 turnovers too and he sucked in the SB vs Green Bay. Ben is not the primary reason that we are good. The Defense is. Nor is Flacco the primary reason that the Ravens are good. My point is that Flacco is making bigger strides than Ben is and it shouldnt be that way.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Ben doesn't have a better o-line under Haley. Maybe once DeCastro comes back but not until then. Ben didn't lose the game for us either in my opinion. Our defense lost this game for us. The parts I hate about this loss are these.

1. Nothing ever good becomes of a season when you lose the opener.

2. Lebeau/Tomlin have addressed nothing on the defense during the off season.

3. This loss will be played over the years in every Peyton Manning high light segment, sports clip or what have you.

4. A day or two before the game Foote and someone else from the Steelers were on the radio talking crap on the Bronco's saying they were the better team last year but just didn't win.
    I've got news for those guys the Broncos are the better team when they face the Steelers.

5. Our defense looked lost, slow and far from being a threat. No one is affraid of our defense or offense.
    And yet, some how, some way, this terrible, awful, no good, sorry excuse of a team (without Harrison, Clark, Mendenhall, Sylvester, Gilbert, Foster, etc.) had the ball in Ben's hands with 3 minutes to go in the game, and a TD drive would have won the game for us. If I told you before the game started that we would be in that situation, wouldn't you have taken it and been reasonably comfortable with a positive result?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben is not the primary reason that we are good. The Defense is.
    Tell that to the dominant Rod Woodson, Carnell Lake, Greg Lloyd, Levon Kirkland, Kevin Greene, Joel Steed defenses and all of their rings with Neil O'Donnell and Kordell Stewart at QB.

Backup

User Info Menu

Tell that to the dominant Rod Woodson, Carnell Lake, Greg Lloyd, Levon Kirkland, Kevin Greene, Joel Steed defenses and all of their rings with Neil O'Donnell and Kordell Stewart at QB.
    Uh... those guys never had a starting qb. They had backups. Neil, Kordell, Tomczack, Bubby, Malone, Stoudt, Maddox, Miller etc are all backups. Is Ben better than all of them? OF COURSE HE IS. Ben is better than an backup. Congrats.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

In 08 Ben had like 24 turnovers too and he sucked in the SB vs Green Bay. Ben is not the primary reason that we are good. The Defense is. Nor is Flacco the primary reason that the Ravens are good. My point is that Flacco is making bigger strides than Ben is and it shouldnt be that way.
    Fans want to keep blaming the defense, OL, OC, but never Ben and he's the problem. I don't care if Bill Walsh (rest his soul) was our OC. Our offense would still have the same problems. You can't tell me our OL is worst than the ravens, redskins, jets, just to name a few. Their QB's don't get sacked repeatedly. And how long our we going to demanding that our defense carries this team? Damn!They held Peyton Manning to 22 points. Couldn't Ben put 24 points on the board or is that too much to ask from out "elite" QB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Uh... those guys never had a starting qb. They had backups. Neil, Kordell, Tomczack, Bubby, Malone, Stoudt, Maddox, Miller etc are all backups. Is Ben better than all of them? OF COURSE HE IS. Ben is better than an backup. Congrats.
    Last I heard, Ben has played in 3 Super Bowls and won 2 of them. A QB can ride the lucky wave of a dominant defense to one championship (see Dilfer, Trent or Johnson, Brad), but 3 Super Bowl appearances in a 6 season span with 2 rings is not riding coattails. You can think Joe "The Self-Proclaimed best QB in the NFL" Flacco is better than Ben "Better Than Backups" Roethlisberger all you want, but other than Flacco's mother, you won't find too many who agree with you.

Backup

User Info Menu

The above is a God honest post. But he will get killed in Steelerdom for posting the obvious.

Backup

User Info Menu

Last I heard, Ben has played in 3 Super Bowls and won 2 of them. A QB can ride the lucky wave of a dominant defense to one championship (see Dilfer, Trent or Johnson, Brad), but 3 Super Bowl appearances in a 6 season span with 2 rings is not riding coattails. You can think Joe "The Self-Proclaimed best QB in the NFL" Flacco is better than Ben "Better Than Backups" Roethlisberger all you want, but other than Flacco's mother, you won't find too many who agree with you.
    And what were his stats in those 3 Super Bowls? 3 TDS and 5 INTS. In fact Ben is 10-3 in playoff games with 20 TDs and 17 INTS. Sory buddy he is NOT the primary reason that we are good. You guys really need to learn to read. I NEVER said Flacco was better than Ben. I said the opposite.

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben put up a 33 Qb rating vs the Jets in the AFCCG to get to play Green Bay. Must be nice to be able to play that poorly and earn a berth to the SB. Thank God for Mendenhall that game.