Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 111

Thread: Manning Vs Ben

  1. #101
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Bradshaw sucked out loud his first couple of years.
    so did Troy Aikman... sometimes the light takes a little longer to turn on...

  2. #102
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    so did Troy Aikman... sometimes the light takes a little longer to turn on...
    There's that, of course. Sometimes it also takes a while to get the team in place.

  3. #103
    Backup
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    423
    Bradshaw was MONEY in Super Bowls. Ben? Not so much

  4. #104
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,388
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Bradshaw was MONEY in Super Bowls. Ben? Not so much
    I'll certainly admit that Ben hasn't been great in Super Bowls overall (outside of the money drive at the end of SBXLIII), Bradshaw hasn't exactly been perfect either. He threw for a total of 96 yards against Minnesota in SBIX (less than Ben's sorry 123 yards in SBXL). He had a completion percentage of 47.4% against Dallas in SBX (not much better than Ben's pathetic 42.9% in SBXL). He threw 3 interceptions against Los Angeles in SBXIV (more than Ben had in any of his 3 Super Bowl games). Bradshaw was certainly MONEY in SBXIII, though. 17-30, 56.7%, 318 yds, 4 TD, 1 INT. Yeah, baby.

    Their overall performance in the playoffs is pretty close, too.

    Bradshaw in 19 Playoff Games: 261-456, 57.2%, 3833 yds, 30 TD, 26 INT, 83.0 rating

    Roethlisberger in 14 Playoff Games: 248-409, 60.6%, 3150 yds, 20 TD, 17 INT, 83.7 rating


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    4.118 ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

  5. #105
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,136
    the Falcons have already intercepted Peyton Manning three times in the first quarter, we couldn't get one the whole game...

  6. #106
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,981
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the Falcons have already intercepted Peyton Manning three times in the first quarter, we couldn't get one the whole game...

    The Falcons have been very active and aggressive at the LOS, getting some pressure, getting great drops into the short field, pressing on the outside and running cover 2 safeties to the ball very quickly. Impressive defense. Don't know why Peyton was throwing into the strength of the coverage.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS






  7. #107
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the Falcons have already intercepted Peyton Manning three times in the first quarter, we couldn't get one the whole game...
    Hmmm. Wonder if you'll see those guys compare this game to Bens.

    Just like there's no talk about brees' terrible start to the season.

  8. #108
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the Falcons have already intercepted Peyton Manning three times in the first quarter, we couldn't get one the whole game...

    To steal a phrase, " looked like Manning was throwing a pass while the Falcons were posing for a team photo "

    Those were gift wrapped interceptions or at least a couple were but never the less, our defense isn't exactly good at getting the turnovers. I can't believe we were a number one defense last season with what, only 14 turnovers that, has to be some kind of record.
    If we do turn into a ball control team, a clock controlled team will that lesson our chances for gaining turnovers since the opposing offense will not be on the field as much or will it increase because the opposing offenses feel the need to air it out playing catchup ?
    " We'll do the same thing we always do, we'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.. If cheating will give us the edge as it has always done then, we will continue to cheat. " Bill Belichick

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    To steal a phrase, " looked like Manning was throwing a pass while the Falcons were posing for a team photo "

    Those were gift wrapped interceptions or at least a couple were but never the less, our defense isn't exactly good at getting the turnovers. I can't believe we were a number one defense last season with what, only 14 turnovers that, has to be some kind of record.
    If we do turn into a ball control team, a clock controlled team will that lesson our chances for gaining turnovers since the opposing offense will not be on the field as much or will it increase because the opposing offenses feel the need to air it out playing catchup ?
    The idea of the ball-control offense and the bend-but-don't-break defense is to crank up the pressure on opposing offenses and force them into a mistake...LeBeau's Zone Blitz is supposed to play safe by not allowing big plays while creating pressure on the QB at the same time...the defense still has to tackle and also make plays on the ball in order to get turnovers...last year, the defense played very soundly, but did not make plays on the ball...

  10. #110
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    slapstick i get it on what the defense is all about. imho guys like msnning snd brady don't get rattled when they face our defense. the times we have beaten those guys i think it had more to do with the talent on our team rather than the system we run.
    " We'll do the same thing we always do, we'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.. If cheating will give us the edge as it has always done then, we will continue to cheat. " Bill Belichick

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •