The sky has fallen. It's falling. We live in darkness any time the Steelers lose. It kills our collective psyche and morale. We suck as bad as the team sucks.
So how do we react? Be happy with the better days of the past? And see those better days in the future? Or sulk in the present.
This is a thread to get all the sulking in the present in one place. Let it all out. Let it be cathartic for you.
So who do you want to blame? I'll help get you started:
1. Owners - Are they old and out of touch? Are other teams using Twitter while we're using the Pony Express?
2. The Coaches - Are they old and/or out of touch? When's the last time Lebeau or Koogs have adequately adjusted to anything? Are we really adjusting to our players' strengths? Perhaps we need some more new perspective a la Haley to come in and change things up? Is Tomlin all hype and no substance?
3. The Players - Do any of them have strengths beyond a very select few?
4. The GM/Scouts - Are we bringing in the right players? Are we reaching for the wrong players because of a system issue? Are coaches unable to evaluate certain talent?
5. The Fans - Do we suck? Are our expectations too high and unachievable?
We sure seem to spend a lot of money on players. But how many of them truly dominate the game? Maybe 3 can be difference makers when healthy - Ben, Troy, Harrison. But beyond that, how many really make a mark on this team's success? Do we have enough guys out performing their contracts really?
Maybe that's Wally's beef. We're paying all these guys big bucks and what are we getting from them? Maybe Wally's working harder than many of these others on the team that are making way more money. That could be a cultural cancer.
Maybe the new guys just aren't as good as the old guys and the team is deteriorating from the inside out. And with the league changing so fast. And it being so easy for young players to come in a contribute right away. And we draft these first rounders that aren't making a huge impact many years down the line.
Have we all been hoodwinked by Mike Tomlin?
I don't know about you guys, but I'm still bummed 3 days after a loss. I can't believe I'm still overreacting at this point. What has become of me as a fan?
Maybe now I can get back to reality and focus my attention on going 18-1 for the rest of this season.