Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Jets are practicing the No-Huddle, WildCat, Read-Option...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

After seeing what the no huddle did to Lebeaus, ( i'll ride on my past accomplishments ) defense, I don't see why any offense wouldn't attack us with the no huddle.
    Jets win and Steelers go for a higher draft pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Steelers go for a higher draft pick.
    Forget "The Sky Is Falling" Chicken Little talk...apparently the sky has already fallen, and Chicken Little is now a Chicken Patty. Wow.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Yep. LeBeau sucks.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers have shown nothing from their last season opener or their playoff loss. Your only as good as your last performance. I hate to be so negative but what did you see positive in the Steelers loss to Denver ?
    I'll tell you what I seen positive just so you know I can see the good.

Dwyer looks like he can be a great running back for us.
    Ben still is an excellent QB and I love his fighting ways despite the interception.
    Heath Miller......it doesn't get any better than that.
    Haley is at least trying to mix things up and he too will find his mojo with this team.
    Antonio had a good leap on things for a while.
    Wallace is going to eventually burn the defenses once things click on offense if, they ever do depending upon the o-line.

I'm mostly upset that this was a huge game for us. A get back game for us. A national game for us. The second year in a row we lost the opener. Seems like the coach/coaes don't come out swinging with impact plays or players.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Jets win and Steelers go for a higher draft pick.
    watch out, posters here will be soon telling you to root for another team you naysayer you.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

i expect to see a whole lot of no huddle for the rest of the season

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    I agree, both from us and by teams going against us.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As effectively as it was executed this past weekend, I would expect it too. It seems to be a trendy thing right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

The no-huddle at Heinz field will not be as effective as it would be if you're the home team. To run the no-huddle you need a quarterback the caliber of Peyton Manning, he ran the offense from the 4th drive of the game until the end and he did it in the no-huddle, there are a handful of quarterbacks that would get the go ahead to do what Manning did and maybe not even a handful.

The Jets offensive coordinator isn't turning over the offense to Mark Sanchez to do as he pleases for 3/4s of the game, he'll screw the pooch before it's over and done with. He'll make mistakes, Manning is one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game and has earned the right to get complete control of the offense, Sanchez, not so much.

I like the Steelers and Ben in this one.

Pappy

Trade 20 & 119 to Tampa for 26/57

1.26 - Graham Barton, OC/G, Duke
    2.51 - Xavier Leggette, WR, South Carolina
    2.57 - Braden Fiske, DT, FSU
    3.84 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    3.98 - T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
    7.178 - Joe Milton III, QB, Tennessee
    7.195 - Omar Speights, LB, LSU

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The no-huddle at Heinz field will not be as effective as it would be if you're the home team. To run the no-huddle you need a quarterback the caliber of Peyton Manning, he ran the offense from the 4th drive of the game until the end and he did it in the no-huddle, there are a handful of quarterbacks that would get the go ahead to do what Manning did and maybe not even a handful.

The Jets offensive coordinator isn't turning over the offense to Mark Sanchez to do as he pleases for 3/4s of the game, he'll screw the pooch before it's over and done with. He'll make mistakes, Manning is one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game and has earned the right to get complete control of the offense, Sanchez, not so much.

I like the Steelers and Ben in this one.

Pappy
    i hope so PaP

cause its definitely coming