Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Watching the Ravens.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I hate to admit it, but Flacco's TD-that-wasn't pass to Boldin was a thing of beauty. In the late game Rivers also dropped one in perfectly to Meachem deep.

Ben and his receivers just never seem to be on the same page like that. If they were this offense would be unstoppable with how easily Wallace and Brown can get a step on guys. We hear a lot from the media about Ben throwing a good deep ball, but I've never seen it. I think his intermediate throws are far and away his bread and butter.

Ben is not a good deep ball thrower. It is much more than having a strong arm which Ben has in spades. That is why Haley may be the best thing that ever happened to Ben allowing him to focus on short and mid range passes versus just chucking the ball deep. Hopefully Ben will relaize that.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I don't think the BUMGALS are teh BUMGALS of old. They have offensive weapons and soem pretty decent guys on defense.
    I don't think they are as bad as we saw last night, but I also see an 8-8 season ahead of them
    Then they will have to work twice as hard to evaporate back to sucking, which is a real good bet.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Great Post!! Lets crown 'em before the Replacement Refs do something stupid and take their Rings away.
    Deal with straw man arguments much? I never said to crown sh-t.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I also peg them at 8-8.

For all the fear of the Ravens, lets let the season play out some and then see what happens if injuries start hitting them. Remember how they destroyed us in game #1 last year and laid an egg in Game #2? It's a long season. They are good but not unbeatable.
    Umm, I'm not sure what "laying an egg" means to you, but if I recall correctly, they beat us in game 2 as well. That pretty much is not "laying an egg" even thought the game was much closer. Flacco beat us in the final minute. I am not waving a white flag, by any means, but they sure looked strong and we sure didn't.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Umm, I'm not sure what "laying an egg" means to you, but if I recall correctly, they beat us in game 2 as well. That pretty much is not "laying an egg" even thought the game was much closer. Flacco beat us in the final minute. I am not waving a white flag, by any means, but they sure looked strong and we sure didn't.
    Reeelaaaxxxx. He was referring to Week 2 against the Titans, when they lost 26-13.