Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Watching the Ravens.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The only thing that gives me a little bit of hope is that the Steelers traditionally do not play well in Denver and that after the first game last year, I was thinking they would finish somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8. Then they managed to squeeze out a 12-4, even though a lot of armchair analysts credited the "soft schedule." If they do not make a discernible step up this week, I will have a lot of concerns for the season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    They are taking apart the Bengals right now
    I think we are seeing the "real" Bumgals. Last year was an illusion of being good that we see every 3-4 years before they evaporate back to sucking.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think we are seeing the "real" Bumgals. Last year was an illusion of being good that we see every 3-4 years before they evaporate back to sucking.
    I don't think the BUMGALS are teh BUMGALS of old. They have offensive weapons and soem pretty decent guys on defense.
    I don't think they are as bad as we saw last night, but I also see an 8-8 season ahead of them
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I don't think the BUMGALS are teh BUMGALS of old. They have offensive weapons and soem pretty decent guys on defense.
    I don't think they are as bad as we saw last night, but I also see an 8-8 season ahead of them
    I also peg them at 8-8.

For all the fear of the Ravens, lets let the season play out some and then see what happens if injuries start hitting them. Remember how they destroyed us in game #1 last year and laid an egg in Game #2? It's a long season. They are good but not unbeatable.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

One thing I will say from what I saw last night, the ravens do look like they are evolving into today's NFL by playing offensive minded football. You have to put points on the board and stay on the offensive attack to have great succcess in this league, even with a great defense. The days of "smash mouth" and shutting down teams defensively are almost, obsolete, ala winning games 13-7. And say what you want, I give credit to Flacco for working on his game and improving as a QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    One thing I will say from what I saw last night, the ravens do look like they are evolving into today's NFL by playing offensive minded football. You have to put points on the board and stay on the offensive attack to have great succcess in this league, even with a great defense. The days of "smash mouth" and shutting down teams defensively are almost, obsolete, ala winning games 13-7. And say what you want, I give credit to Flacco for working on his game and improving as a QB.
    Mark my words...Cam Cameron will screw it up. The way that Ravens fans have vilified Cam for his playcalling over the last several seasons makes it look like Steeler fans were sending love letters to Bruce Arians by comparison. He'll have games where the passing game looks effective, but he will take the air out of the ball for no reason whatsoever. He'll also have games where he will have Flacco throw the ball 59 times and virtually ignore the fact that he also has one of the best RB's in the league at his disposal in Ray Rice, and give Rice only single digit carries for no reason at all.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

What scares me the most is that Flacco is becoming a consistent qb. They are getting more and more blowouts. Scary

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Mark my words...Cam Cameron will screw it up. The way that Ravens fans have vilified Cam for his playcalling over the last several seasons makes it look like Steeler fans were sending love letters to Bruce Arians by comparison. He'll have games where the passing game looks effective, but he will take the air out of the ball for no reason whatsoever. He'll also have games where he will have Flacco throw the ball 59 times and virtually ignore the fact that he also has one of the best RB's in the league at his disposal in Ray Rice, and give Rice only single digit carries for no reason at all.
    I hope so for our sake, Cam does screw it up! Now that it finally looks like someone up there has finally gotten a clue on how to win games in 2012 NFL, they look kind of scary.... I wish our FO would wake up! The ravens spent years trying to copy and emulate us and our success, it's about time we we start taking notes...

Backup

User Info Menu

Blaming OC is rubbish. GOOD Qb eliminate the OC by audibling. An OC calls his play BEFORE he sees the defense. The Qb then views the D and changes the play if he determines that the called play wont work. Thats what separates the good from the elite. Do you really think that Tom Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning are elite due to their coordinators? I dont.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hate to admit it, but Flacco's TD-that-wasn't pass to Boldin was a thing of beauty. In the late game Rivers also dropped one in perfectly to Meachem deep.

Ben and his receivers just never seem to be on the same page like that. If they were this offense would be unstoppable with how easily Wallace and Brown can get a step on guys. We hear a lot from the media about Ben throwing a good deep ball, but I've never seen it. I think his intermediate throws are far and away his bread and butter.