Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Johnson

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Will Johnson

In light of all the frustration from last night...1 guy I think we need to talk about is Will Johnson.

I've watched this guy catch 2 balls so far (1 last night and 1 from a preseason game) and he catches the ball like a Tailback. Very smooth and fluid. A few years ago I was at Training Camp and thought to myself as I watched David Johnson running routes...."That guy just looks like he doesn't belong there"
    I like what I see so far.

PLUS...Did I hear right that he ran a sub 4.5 Forty at the combine???
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

wonder why we didn't go back to that play after we executed it so perfectly the first time?

I thought Bruce Arians must still be our OC...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    wonder why we didn't go back to that play after we executed it so perfectly the first time?

I thought Bruce Arians must still be our OC...
    That's what I've been saying all day, if you didn't know they let Bruce go you would have thought he still had the gig.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

More importantly though, i dont remember seeing him lead the way into the hole too many times. and there were some long complicated drives through the middle of the game
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That's what I've been saying all day, if you didn't know they let Bruce go you would have thought he still had the gig.

Pappy
    I know we all wanted to a new offense switched on, but I don't think it can happen that quickly. I liked the pace of the quick passing and Heath was a true weapon again. But the Steelers need to score more than 19 pts in a game with the TOP they had against Denver.

Starter

User Info Menu

I would much rather see him blow up a linebacker than catch a 10 yard pass. I dont recall him doing anything of note as a lead blocker.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    I would much rather see him blow up a linebacker than catch a 10 yard pass. I dont recall him doing anything of note as a lead blocker.
    me neither...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    In light of all the frustration from last night...1 guy I think we need to talk about is Will Johnson.

I've watched this guy catch 2 balls so far (1 last night and 1 from a preseason game) and he catches the ball like a Tailback. Very smooth and fluid. A few years ago I was at Training Camp and thought to myself as I watched David Johnson running routes...."That guy just looks like he doesn't belong there"
    I like what I see so far.

PLUS...Did I hear right that he ran a sub 4.5 Forty at the combine???
    Amazing how the brainwashed masses cannot restrain themselves from taking potshots at David Johnson, who actually was a pretty good player. He was not a problem on this team. He did play with passion, which I did not see a lot of in the Denver game. He was not a great offensive player, but I think he might be better than Leonard Pope, which is a signing I don't like. Will Johnson has running back skills. Maybe they should line him up to take more carries. He might be better than Redman. But a lead blocker he is not. Regardless of what the brainwashed masses say, DJ was much better than Will Johnson in that way.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I know we all wanted to a new offense switched on, but I don't think it can happen that quickly. I liked the pace of the quick passing and Heath was a true weapon again. But the Steelers need to score more than 19 pts in a game with the TOP they had against Denver.
    Agree 100% and TE will become even more of a weapon when Saunders returns.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    Amazing how the brainwashed masses cannot restrain themselves from taking potshots at David Johnson, who actually was a pretty good player. He was not a problem on this team. He did play with passion, which I did not see a lot of in the Denver game. He was not a great offensive player, but I think he might be better than Leonard Pope, which is a signing I don't like. Will Johnson has running back skills. Maybe they should line him up to take more carries. He might be better than Redman. But a lead blocker he is not. Regardless of what the brainwashed masses say, DJ was much better than Will Johnson in that way.
    You can have the Presidency of the David Johnson Fan Club all to yourself. He was not a good player either as a TE or FB. He is mediocre at both, essentially third string ability. I saw more potential from Will Johnson on Sunday than we ever saw from David Johnson. Consider me happily brainwashed all squeaky clean. I'd rather be that than totally delusional.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"