Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Will Johnson

  1. #11
    The announcers were saying something to the effect that the Steeler coaches are really high on Johnson. I can see why. He is fluid, fast, and big. He has nice hands. I don't remember him blowing people up, but I wasn't watching him block either.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The announcers were saying something to the effect that the Steeler coaches are really high on Johnson. I can see why. He is fluid, fast, and big. He has nice hands. I don't remember him blowing people up, but I wasn't watching him block either.
    John L Williams comes to mind. He didn't BLOW people up either but he did his job in that dept and could catch the ball out of the backfield.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  3. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,565
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    John L Williams comes to mind. He didn't BLOW people up either but he did his job in that dept and could catch the ball out of the backfield.
    That was the name I have been trying to remember. Thank you. I agree that Will J. does have a lot in common with John L. Both can actually run and catch.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    me neither...
    I seen two nice blocks he had. Could of had more but I was nt watching him that close.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    John L Williams comes to mind. He didn't BLOW people up either but he did his job in that dept and could catch the ball out of the backfield.
    Nice comparison...I'm cautiously optimistic about Johnson.

  6. #16
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,421
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    John L Williams comes to mind. He didn't BLOW people up either but he did his job in that dept and could catch the ball out of the backfield.
    I watched John L Williams. I liked John L Williams. John L Williams was a favorite of mine. Will Johnson is no John L Williams...

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I watched John L Williams. I liked John L Williams. John L Williams was a favorite of mine. Will Johnson is no John L Williams...
    Easy now Killer, the kid has played 1 game.
    Would you be more happy with Larry Centers???
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,565
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I watched John L Williams. I liked John L Williams. John L Williams was a favorite of mine. Will Johnson is no John L Williams...
    Maybe not but the kid has played one game after being away from football for an entire year and he has already looked better than David Johnson. IMO that is a big win for the good guys. The kid will only improve.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 09-11-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Maybe not but the kid has played one game after being away from football for an entire year and he has already looked better than David Johnson. IMO that is a big win for the good guys. The kid will only improve.
    So what I hear you saying is Will Johnson is the 2nd coming of John L Williams??? Nice, I like it!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  10. #20
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,565
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    So what I hear you saying is Will Johnson is the 2nd coming of John L Williams??? Nice, I like it!!

    Not necessarily IS, but definite COULD BE. Kid has legit athletic abilities like John L.

    More than an undersized Guard playing in the backfield.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •