Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another year same bad angles and bad tackles by yours truly...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Another year same bad angles and bad tackles by yours truly...

Troy P.... The last 2 years he barely looks average.. But the whole D look bad. Cant stop the run is a major concern..
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

He played more than half the game 20 yards off the LOS, you're smoking crack bro.
    While I agree he tried to avoid a 325 lb. lineman and took a bad angle, where was the rest of the d?
    Mundy couldnt catch a 2 legged dog in a chase.

Legend

User Info Menu

Troy is the least of our concerns on D.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

troy is the only player on our defense peyton was concerned about. that speaks volumes about how good he is, and how average we were in every other position.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

I don't recall being this dissapointed in a team.

This may be a very long season.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post

This may be a very long season.
    Weren't you watching last year on opening day?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    I was more disappointed losing to Tim Tebow in the playoffs last year than I am losing to Peyton Manning in the first game of the season this year.

losing to one of the worst QBs in the NFL was a horrible way to end the season, losing to a future Hall of Fame QB to open the season just seems a lot easier to swallow and still gives us the rest of this year to turn things around.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Troy is the least of our concerns on D.
    I agree but LeBeau's over reliance on Troy is a concern. It was clearly shown in the broadcast that Manning was keying his audibles off of where Troy was and a good D Coord would make an adjustment to that. But as is usual there were no adjustments on Defense.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Weren't you watching last year on opening day?
    Agreed. Opening day last year was far worse. But this one still stunk. Opening day and injuries have already decimated this team. What are we going to look like by week 16?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree but LeBeau's over reliance on Troy is a concern. It was clearly shown in the broadcast that Manning was keying his audibles off of where Troy was and a good D Coord would make an adjustment to that. But as is usual there were no adjustments on Defense.
    Manning was keying his audibles to avoid Troy. It's what good QB's do - steer away from the best guy on defense. How does our D Coord do something to make Manning not avoid Troy?

We've shown in the past that the best way to defend against Manning is to get pressure on him and we did not have an answer for that. He was as comfortable in the pocket as he could be. Hell, he even ran for a first down.