Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets be real, we were down 4 starters...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Lets be real, we were down 4 starters...

Harrison, Clark, Decastro, Mendenhall

I really don't think that Clark gets enough credit for what he brings to the D. I do think this team is average, but last night is not a true indicator of how this team will play this year.
    Last edited by BigRob; 09-10-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good post.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Plus Foster and Gilbert didn't make it out of the 1st quarter...Legursky isn't a starting quality RG, and Adams isn't a starting quality RT.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This team can and WILL get better as the season progresses. Few preseason games lead to early difficulties.

Also, get Mendy on the field, put Batch on PS squad and get an 8th OL for game day. Embarrassing when we constantly are down to out last 5 OL. We don't need 5 Rbs on the dang roster. You can find RBs all over the waiver wire to fill out a roster if someone gets hurt.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Plus Foster and Gilbert didn't make it out of the 1st quarter...Legursky isn't a starting quality RG, and Adams isn't a starting quality RT.
    I actually thought Adams played alright until the very last series. I am interested to see what Starks, Colon, Pouncey, Decastro, Gilbert could turn into if they all were able to stay healthy.

Legend

User Info Menu

It may be a long season then; Decastro is out for 6 games or 8 games or whatever it is; Harrison probably isn't playing anytime soon; Mendenhall had a torn ACL 8 months ago, I doubt he's ready any time soon and we get Clark back for the Jets.

The good news is that Sanchez hasn't impersonated Peyton Manning in his career, so the defense should look a bit mroe effective thi supcoming week.

pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not if they can't stop the run any better than last night.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Good post.
    yes, that was a good post by Big Rob and I completely agree. add in the fact that Casey Hampton, Max Starks and Mike Wallace missed most if not all of preseason and you can see why this was going to be a difficult game for us.

but hey, I'm just a naysayer who should root for another team so what do I know?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    It may be a long season then; Decastro is out for 6 games or 8 games or whatever it is; Harrison probably isn't playing anytime soon; Mendenhall had a torn ACL 8 months ago, I doubt he's ready any time soon and we get Clark back for the Jets.

The good news is that Sanchez hasn't impersonated Peyton Manning in his career, so the defense should look a bit mroe effective thi supcoming week.

pappy
    The bad news is he doesn't have to - until proven otherwise he just has to impersonate Tebow.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Starter

User Info Menu

Since we're being optimists here I have to say that our time of possession in that 3rd quarter is still a thing of beauty.