Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we sign a new O Lineman This week?

Backup

User Info Menu

Do we sign a new O Lineman This week?

With some of the injuries to the O line last night. I think Mike Adams will be good but he is not ready yet. Legursky played horrible at right guard in my opinion. With the exception of one false start from Willie Colon, I thought he played very well.
    Last edited by toddjammin; 09-10-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddjammin View Post
    With some of the injuries to the O line last night. I think Mike Adams will be good but he is not ready yet. Legursky played horrible at right guard in my opinion. With the exception of one falst start from Willie Colon, I thought he played very well.
    Colon had two or three false starts, however he blocked well most of the night. The left side of the OL wasn't the problem.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You mean FALSE STARTS??
    But I agree with ur assessment. All I kept thinking was call Flozell Adams!!

What happened with Ramon Foster?? I heard nothing on him
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Found it, he left the game with an eye injury. Phewww!!

I really think Foster will do well with DeCastro out but Legursky is a CENTER (period). a backup Center that is.
    I don't think Gilbert is out long term either, but we need depth. Gotta be someone out there over Legursky.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think they need to start dressing 8 OL. They had to play the entire 2nd half with only 5 lineman. Not sure where you get the extra body from, but as injury-prone as our oline seems to be, they need to dress an extra player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    I think they need to start dressing 8 OL. They had to play the entire 2nd half with only 5 lineman. Not sure where you get the extra body from, but as injury-prone as our oline seems to be, they need to dress an extra player.
    I agree. Too many OL right now with dings that may not finish a game. I think dressing 7 is a real risk.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I know folks don't want to hear it, but they may sign Trai Essex this week.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I know folks don't want to hear it, but they may sign Trai Essex this week.
    It's the logical move. He knows the offense and can play all 5 positions. Hopefully Foster and Gilbert will be able to return next week, but even if they do return, Essex makes sense.

Legend

User Info Menu

They have to sign Essex...and that makes me wanna cry.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    They have to sign Essex...and that makes me wanna cry.
    Worse than that -- imagine what would have happened if another lineman went down last night. Pope?