Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we sign a new O Lineman This week?

Legend

User Info Menu

I mean as poorly as the OL was playing last night, I would say we could have stuck Rainey in at RT and faired about as well.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The o-line didn't play badly until the 2 minute mark in the 4th quarter...especially after losing the entire right side...

Backup

User Info Menu

Yeah I do think we sign trai essex this week

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

OL played poorly? come on......Yep- bring back Essex for more depth.. I'm more concerned with the other side of the ball. Next year, we're gonna have to take some hard looks at some good top-notch FA's...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Found it, he left the game with an eye injury. Phewww!!

I really think Foster will do well with DeCastro out but Legursky is a CENTER (period). a backup Center that is.
    I don't think Gilbert is out long term either, but we need depth. Gotta be someone out there over Legursky.
    I think Legursky is a serviceable center or at worst case back-up center. Is it out of the realm of possibility to put him at center and move Pouncey to guard?

Just asking!

Legend

User Info Menu

I prefer a soft lineman who will get hurt on the second series... seems to be our playbook. What's up with our strength and conditioning? We look like Big 10 football playing against the SEC.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    OL played poorly? come on......Yep- bring back Essex for more depth.. I'm more concerned with the other side of the ball. Next year, we're gonna have to take some hard looks at some good top-notch FA's...
    Unless they cut some older players that have huge cap hits, that's not gonna happen. Next year, from what i've read, is going to be even tighter against the cap than this year. I don't know a lot about the cap, but I don't see how continually restructuring contracts from year to year is ever going to help us. It just seems they're pushing more money down the road and we'll never catch up. There was talk of a huge cap increase in a few years, but who knows if that's correct or not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    Unless they cut some older players that have huge cap hits, that's not gonna happen. Next year, from what i've read, is going to be even tighter against the cap than this year. I don't know a lot about the cap, but I don't see how continually restructuring contracts from year to year is ever going to help us. It just seems they're pushing more money down the road and we'll never catch up. There was talk of a huge cap increase in a few years, but who knows if that's correct or not.
    For us it is just a matter of surviving until the new TV money hits the cap in 2014. This is the price we pay for trying to hold together a team because they know the system versus getting younger players ready sooner. Unfortunately, when the new dollars come in 2014 I'm not sure it will give us alot of flexibility because we have pushed lots of money out until then.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The o-line didn't play badly until the 2 minute mark in the 4th quarter...especially after losing the entire right side...
    They couldn't get a push in the run game against a D known to be suspect against the run. They also gave up 5 sacks, and numerous other pressures. Are you related to one or more of these OLmen?
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    They couldn't get a push in the run game against a D known to be suspect against the run. They also gave up 5 sacks, and numerous other pressures. Are you related to one or more of these OLmen?
    3 of the 5 sacks were right at the end of the game when their D Knew we had to throw it.

'known to be suspect against the run' what is this based on? I thought they (our OL) had their moments at times, for example, Colon had some good pulls and I think Foster had one before he got hurt. Those netted some decent yardage, but with the whole right side of the OL going out, they really never had an opportunity to get going in the run game..
    Last edited by pfelix73; 09-10-2012 at 01:36 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion