Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game 1 - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The Bronco's had the ball for :36 second in the 3rd quarter and outscored us 7 to 3.

PATHETIC!!!
    The redzone offense needs to improve. Settling for FG's was one of the reasons they lost in Denver last year after controlling much of the game.....the story rewrote itself last night.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    I know Tomlin has made a few questionable challenges in the past but I see nothing wrong with the one last night. He had to make a quick decision before Manning ran up to the line and snapped the ball. If by chance we win that challenge I think it changes the outcome of the game. Unfortunately it didn't go our way.
    Everyone wants to criticize, but the challenge last night was a brilliant move by Tomlin. Manning just ran the defense ragged with the no huddle and I believe that the challenge gave us more time than a normal time out for the defense to try to get their act together on the goal line. Unfortunately the defense had no answers even after the extended break.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

I am not sure i would call it a brilliant call...but it definitely did not cost us the game....

Our inability to score TDs instead of FGs and our inability to stop the no-huddle offense cost us the game....The defense is definitely concerning after seeing that performance.

Legend

User Info Menu

11-5, we get our ish together and do just fine. It was one bad game people.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I thought that the challenge was a good move...it enabled the defense to get a breather and for the Steelers to substitute personnel...

The D just set up too quickly and allowed Manning to audible...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    The redzone offense needs to improve. Settling for FG's was one of the reasons they lost in Denver last year after controlling much of the game.....the story rewrote itself last night.
    Yeah, the red zone offense was quite disappointing. Really should have had points with Miller on the first trip.

Champ made a nice breakup of the one slant to Brown; I would have loved to see another Cedrick Wilsonesque fake on Bailey with the hard pump on the fake slant and then the corner, but it wasn't to be.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin said it's hard to get info quick on the road when it comes to challenges... he made the right call.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    nah... the offense was fine.. the pass was yuck on 3rd down. Sometimes Ben can be a little lazy with passes in the endzone. 6-7 throwing to Heath and he throws a shallow pass? Frustrating....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The Bronco's had the ball for :36 second in the 3rd quarter and outscored us 7 to 3.

PATHETIC!!!
    Dizz...that was a fluke play, hardly something to be judging the quality of the defense for the rest of the season. Take away that one play & Manning's numbers are somewhat pedestrian. Now that said, like you I'm concerned that the D wasn't able to play to their pedigree but it's only the first game & the team wasn't at full strength, so let see how things look after a couple of more are in the books.
    Last edited by Steel Life; 09-10-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Everyone wants to criticize, but the challenge last night was a brilliant move by Tomlin.
    I think you have to challenge it given how "bang, bang" it was. Yes he lost, but the upside was that a fumble out of the end-zone by the offense is a turnover & we have the ball at the 20...had to chance it. I have a bigger problem with the Tamme TD...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...