Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Game 1 - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post

Dizz...that was a fluke play, hardly something to be judging the quality of the defense for the rest of the season. Take away that one play & Manning's numbers are somewhat pedestrian. Now that said, like you I'm concerned that the D wasn't able to play to their pedigree but it's only the first game & the team wasn't at full strength, so let see how things look after a couple of more are in the books.
    I never said it was an indicator of the whole season... but its pathetic to control the clock for 14 minutes and 24 seconds and still get outscored 7 to 3

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

think 'handfuls of Steeler jerseys' on that play
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    think 'handfuls of Steeler jerseys' on that play

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

How about a couple more goods:

1) Ben actually gave up on a play and threw the ball away. I distinctly remember the play because it happens so rarely, but maybe some preaching by Haley is starting to sink in.
    2) Ziggy Hood had a decent day when you consider the refs made no effort to call blatant holding on a couple of plays.