Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Very slow looking lifeless defense

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Very slow looking lifeless defense

I know its Mile High, but looks really bad.
    No fire,no spark
    Hampton is the biggest I've ever seen him.
    Worilds is almost as big as Casey
    Mundy makes Ryan Clark look like a speed demon.
    I guess when guys sit out all training camp its expected.
    Mr Hood, excuse me can you just slide out of the way so we can run the ball.
    Very dissappointed tonight even if we come back to win.
    Last edited by pittpete; 09-09-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was worried about this because they played alot early, then sat for almost 2 quarters and a halftime.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I agree... The defense looks pathetic.

Lebeau is WAY, WAY to reliant on Troy. Our dline played terrible and our LBs are equally as bad.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Timmons and Worlids are huge... they used to have speed, now they look slow...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Timmons and Worlids are huge... they used to have speed, now they look slow...
    Peyton freaking Manning outran Timmons to the sideline in the first half, that's how slow he looked. I'm sure it was just an illusion, but man it sure looked like Manning had the better legs.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Peyton freaking Manning outran Timmons to the sideline in the first half, that's how slow he looked. I'm sure it was just an illusion, but man it sure looked like Manning had the better legs.

Pappy
    Are you serious right now? Manning at that point had run something like 10 straight plays in the no huddle AT MILE HIGH, Timmons was forced inside and Peyton had an angle. We just need James back on the outside to take some pressure off Woodley. Everyone acts like we just went against Ryan Fitzpatrick lol.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Are you serious right now? Manning at that point had run something like 10 straight plays in the no huddle AT MILE HIGH, Timmons was forced inside and Peyton had an angle. We just need James back on the outside to take some pressure off Woodley. Everyone acts like we just went against Ryan Fitzpatrick lol.
    Ben had just driven the Steelers for field that took about 5 minutes off the clock; I'm not sure what that was in real time, but lets just leave it at 5 minutes. The scramble by Manning for a 1st down was the 6th play of the ensuing drive and it was in the no huddle. I'm hoping that our LBs are in good enough condition to play 6 plays consecutively without looking like they're running in mud which is what Timmons looked like on that particular play. The defense just looked sluggish and lethargic at times last night. There also was probably a lot of miscommunication due to new faces taking on expanded roles, Carter, Allen, Heyward, Hood, and Worilds. Manning showed the world why he will be a HOFer the moment his 5 year waiting period is up.

All-in-all I was more disappointed with the offense, not the defense, giving up 24 points to Peyton Manning should be good enough to win the game. In today's NFL you have to be able to consistently put 24 plus points on the board or you will lose to good teams. You can beat bad teams with 19 points, but the good teams are going to score 24 plus points every game, the Steeler offense needs to be able to match that, last night they didn't.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben had just driven the Steelers for field that took about 5 minutes off the clock; I'm not sure what that was in real time, but lets just leave it at 5 minutes. The scramble by Manning for a 1st down was the 6th play of the ensuing drive and it was in the no huddle. I'm hoping that our LBs are in good enough condition to play 6 plays consecutively without looking like they're running in mud which is what Timmons looked like on that particular play. The defense just looked sluggish and lethargic at times last night. There also was probably a lot of miscommunication due to new faces taking on expanded roles, Carter, Allen, Heyward, Hood, and Worilds. Manning showed the world why he will be a HOFer the moment his 5 year waiting period is up.

All-in-all I was more disappointed with the offense, not the defense, giving up 24 points to Peyton Manning should be good enough to win the game. In today's NFL you have to be able to consistently put 24 plus points on the board or you will lose to good teams. You can beat bad teams with 19 points, but the good teams are going to score 24 plus points every game, the Steeler offense needs to be able to match that, last night they didn't.

Pappy
    The O was OK, other than that they squeezed 6 points out of 14 on two of their trips to the RZ.

The int. to Porter was on Ben. Ben also missed an open Wallace. But those will happen to any QB; Ben played well, although not lights out.

Eventually the D put too much pressure on the O, and the Denver D was better than the Pit D.

Starter

User Info Menu

Pappy
    I would agree except that with our o-line decimated with injuries we really needed our defense to step up. Also the offense dominated TOP which should have given the D an advantage.

Another AS masterpiece.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pappy
    No, that wasn't an illusion. I thought maybe it was because Timmons had to change directions or something, but watching it again...even after they were running stride for stride together towards the sideline, Manning was at least keeping pace if not actually increasing the distance between them.