Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Very slow looking lifeless defense

Starter

User Info Menu

IMO, we really needed to stuff the run in order to keep Manning more predictable. Once they got their run game going there was no stopping Manning.

Our D-line was very dissapointing.

Another AS masterpiece.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Peyton freaking Manning outran Timmons to the sideline in the first half, that's how slow he looked. I'm sure it was just an illusion, but man it sure looked like Manning had the better legs.

Pappy
    Are you serious right now? Manning at that point had run something like 10 straight plays in the no huddle AT MILE HIGH, Timmons was forced inside and Peyton had an angle. We just need James back on the outside to take some pressure off Woodley. Everyone acts like we just went against Ryan Fitzpatrick lol.

Rookie

User Info Menu

It isn't like Peyton had a monster day...his day wasn't even as good as Tebow's was back in January...

It isn't like the Broncos ran all over the Steelers...their leading rusher had 64 yards...

The Broncos offense was efficient and did just enough to win...while the Steelers' defense didn't do quite enough to stop them...

The Steelers were within one score until they gave up a turnover returned for a TD...

Hell, until that last meaningless drive, the Steelers' pass pro was actually pretty good, especially considering that they were facing Miller and Dumervil...even after losing the entire right side of the o-line...

The Steelers lost to a good team, on the road and in prime time...they had the opportunity to win at the end until they made the crucial mistake...

While this loss sucks, I'm not nearly as borderline despondent as I was after the opening day Ravens fiasco last year...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well said Slapstick. I hate to see the Steelers lose as much as anyone else, but I'm really not all that upset for all the above reasons. That game could have went either way and in the end it just tilted towards the Broncos favor.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    It isn't like Peyton had a monster day...his day wasn't even as good as Tebow's was back in January...

It isn't like the Broncos ran all over the Steelers...their leading rusher had 64 yards...

The Broncos offense was efficient and did just enough to win...while the Steelers' defense didn't do quite enough to stop them...

The Steelers were within one score until they gave up a turnover returned for a TD...

Hell, until that last meaningless drive, the Steelers' pass pro was actually pretty good, especially considering that they were facing Miller and Dumervil...even after losing the entire right side of the o-line...

The Steelers lost to a good team, on the road and in prime time...they had the opportunity to win at the end until they made the crucial mistake...

While this loss sucks, I'm not nearly as borderline despondent as I was after the opening day Ravens fiasco last year...

a voice of reason...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

It was not a bad loss. It was a loss against a good team that will probably win their division (which creates its own problem because we could have to play there again without Clark again).

However, it was the same old story on defense. Play a good QB and they pick apart our defense and there is no response from our defensive coordinator. We were getting pressure on Manning in the first half. Actually utilized some inside blitzes then in the second half LeBeau does what he always does against good QBs...he played scared and went passive. Just relied on the same thing hoping that Troy makes a "miracle" play and saves the day.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    When I saw #93 I thought Joel Steed was back
    LOL. Steed was who I thought of also when I saw #93 waddle onto my TV screen. I looked like Worilds blew up in the offseason.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Peyton freaking Manning outran Timmons to the sideline in the first half, that's how slow he looked. I'm sure it was just an illusion, but man it sure looked like Manning had the better legs.

Pappy
    No, that wasn't an illusion. I thought maybe it was because Timmons had to change directions or something, but watching it again...even after they were running stride for stride together towards the sideline, Manning was at least keeping pace if not actually increasing the distance between them.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Agree!!!

No fire..no burning desire to win on Defense.. I saw guys that looked lost
    I saw Denver on fire...emotional...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Denver new we were going to play more conservative because, of last years lost...
    They should have payed attention to Steelers website poll.
    The vote that had the highest percent of what we should have done was put pressure on manning....

That is exactly what we should have done late in the game. Your not ever going to beat Manning if you give him time back there....

We are mostly so dam predictable...cannot stand it....