Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace scores touchdowns..Antonio Brown doesnt!

Legend

User Info Menu

Bottom line. We need both. It's a passing league so u need all the weapons you can get

Look around the league and you'll see our trio of shrimps is close to average whole other teams are loading up on great whites... Not just fast, but WRs with great size

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    You don't think the offense looked different???
    The offense had the same feel to it as it did with Arians. Same as the past, injuries and execution were the major issues.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The problem with the run game is they started Redman not Dwyer. Dwyer showed that he can make things happen where Redman showed nothing. Other than that I think the offense did quite a few good things given that they were playing behind a make shift OL for most of the game. It's tough to call screens and other plays that rely on timing and coordination when the entire rightside of your OL is on the bench.

We lost to a team with a very good, fast defense. I am hopeful moving forward with what I saw on the offense. The defense is another story all together.
    I don't think it matters one bit if Dwyer starts because he looks to the sidelines anytime he gets more then 3 yards.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    The offense had the same feel to it as it did with Arians. Same as the past, injuries and execution were the major issues.
    Our OL is the most injury prone in football.

Administrator

User Info Menu

You don't think the offense looked different???
    I definitely thought the offense looked different. More throws to RBs. I don't remember a lot of screens but I know there other passes and more check downs to RBs and TEs than I've seen in previous years.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I don't think it matters one bit if Dwyer starts because he looks to the sidelines anytime he gets more then 3 yards.
    Maybe that is because open space is usually on the sides of the field not the middle where most of the defense is. It's called running to space versus running to contact.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bottom line. We need both. It's a passing league so u need all the weapons you can get

Look around the league and you'll see our trio of shrimps is close to average whole other teams are loading up on great whites... Not just fast, but WRs with great size
    I agree with this. By my post, I am not a Antonio Brown hater. I do like him as well but I know this teams needs guys who can score TD's and Wallace can do that.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hope Wallace stays. He's one of my favs but I am fast losing hope that he'll resign. Wallace is a thorobred. His game is the long ball and getting out in space using that elite speed. Unfortunatey he's not going to get many of those opportunities in this offense, especially with a QB who doesnt throw the long ball very well. Our QB also isn't too good at putting the ball out in front of our WR's where they can use their speed and athleticism to make plays.

It's okay! Come to D.C. Wallace, baby!! We'll have just what you want... A boat load of money and RG3.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Maybe that is because open space is usually on the sides of the field not the middle where most of the defense is. It's called running to space versus running to contact.
    I'm talking about looking to the sideline for a break.... Every 2 plays Dwyer is raising his hand to come out...

Backup

User Info Menu

Forgive me guys - your right, this thread is about Wallace catching Tds and Brown missing a couple.. but its 1 game.. The way this offense is structured with the quicker stuff allowing the guys to RAC (which Wallace is the worst at for some reason) Brown looks like he will be more than beneficiary jmho