Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace scores touchdowns..Antonio Brown doesnt!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Not sure but HOFer Lynn Swann was the biggest "breadbasket" catcher I've ever seen.

Dang, Lemming, you are so right - thanks for reminding me and making me in an even better Steeler mood!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks, Ovi, beautiful read.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SDSteel1 View Post
    I would argue after watching the video 10 times, that Ben just threw the ball up and Wallace came down with it, nothing was deliberate about the throw other than the throwing part. If he didn't "under throw" it, it would have ended up in the stands.
    I dont think so. Cromartie was clearly behind Wallace. Any other type of throw would have been foolish.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I dont think so. Cromartie was clearly behind Wallace. Any other type of throw would have been foolish.
    I don't disagree with that, I just think Ben was throwing it and hoping for the best in a jump ball situation, this time his guy won. I believe he threw it to keep it in play and not out of the end zone, that way it's a jump ball, but I don't think it was planned to be that short, maybe, but I don't think so.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Brown is the best WR we have and that is saying alot because Wallace is good and Sanders is good, but Brown is great.

Psssssssssssst...but he doesnt score touchdowns. And it is becoming quite obvious too. 27 games played..only 2 career TD's. Not so sure I would call that "great".

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I don't disagree with that, I just think Ben was throwing it and hoping for the best in a jump ball situation, this time his guy won. I believe he threw it to keep it in play and not out of the end zone, that way it's a jump ball, but I don't think it was planned to be that short, maybe, but I don't think so.

Pappy
    If Cromartie was in front of Wallace, Wallace doenst win that jump ball contest.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Psssssssssssst...but he doesnt score touchdowns. And it is becoming quite obvious too. 27 games played..only 2 career TD's. Not so sure I would call that "great".
    Nobody asked...

Legend

User Info Menu

If Cromartie was in front of Wallace, Wallace doenst win that jump ball contest.
    Obviously, that's true in any jump ball situation, except for a few elite WRs, Fitz, Johnson, Johnson, Roddy White, etc. they can win a jump ball regardless of where the DB is playing. All I'm saying is that Ben threw it to keep it play anywhere in the end zone to give his guy a chance and in this instance his guy won. Based on down, distance and field position it was a safe throw with way more upside than not.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Nobody asked...
    So if someone gives their opinion and I don't agree with it I can't state mine? I do like Brown and am grateful he is a Steelers but I don't think he has reached great status yet. He needs to become a scorer on a somewhat regular basis and he is far from that right now. Light years way.

Backup

User Info Menu

Wallace was behind Cromartie when the ball was released, rewatch the video. Then wallace stops and Cromartie goes by him.