Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace scores touchdowns..Antonio Brown doesnt!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Would you guys call Wallace more of a breadbasket catcher, than a hands catcher?

Let's put it this way, no one would use 'man-beast' and Wallace in the same sentence....(damn, i think i just did..).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post

Brown made a couple incredible catches tonight. And he is amazing and dangerous after the catch. Brown deserved our MVP last year. I am glad we have him signed for the longer term.
    Brown is the best WR we have and that is saying alot because Wallace is good and Sanders is good, but Brown is great.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

I dont think Brown is our Best WR. Our best WR is Mike Wallace. It would be interesting to see what Brown could do WITHOUT Mike Wallace opening up the middle for him. Wallace experienced the same thing with Tone. Santonio opened it up for him as a rookie. Santonio left and we saw what Wallace could do on his own.

In defensive meetings, I guarantee they spend more time and attention to Wallace than Brwon.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    I dont think Brown is our Best WR. Our best WR is Mike Wallace. It would be interesting to see what Brown could do WITHOUT Mike Wallace opening up the middle for him. Wallace experienced the same thing with Tone. Santonio opened it up for him as a rookie. Santonio left and we saw what Wallace could do on his own.

In defensive meetings, I guarantee they spend more time and attention to Wallace than Brwon.
    Agreed. The good news is that now these teams are going to have to "pick their poison." Do they want to deal with Wallace's speed, the long ball and excellent sideline work? How about a guy like Brown that snags whatever is thrown is way and is dangerous in space after the catch? Then you still have to deal with Sanders, Heath, Cotchery and hopefully Rainey soon.

The challenge will be for Ben to find the mismatches and make the throws. If the first two weeks are any indication, he's well on his way.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post

It's all about catching the ball and Brown makes catches that Wallace will never make. Brown is asked to do thing Wallace couldn't do, but I'm sure that if you put Brown on the outside and sent him deep he would be a pretty good deep threat himself.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It's all about catching the ball and Brown makes catches that Wallace will never make. Brown is asked to do thing Wallace couldn't do, but I'm sure that if you put Brown on the outside and sent him deep he would be a pretty good deep threat himself.
    I think he probably would. Then again, I think Wallace wouldn't be so bad in Browns role either. We'd see dropoff either way. Thankfully, Brown does his thing very well and Wallace does his very well also.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I think he probably would. Then again, I think Wallace wouldn't be so bad in Browns role either. We'd see dropoff either way. Thankfully, Brown does his thing very well and Wallace does his very well also.
    I am totally on board that having both is the best of all worlds unfortunately it is a luxury that we may not have more than another year. I think the front office agrees which is why they guaranteed they had Brown long-term with his extension.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I am totally on board that having both is the best of all worlds unfortunately it is a luxury that we may not have more than another year. I think the front office agrees which is why they guaranteed they had Brown long-term with his extension.
    I wouldn't read too much into that. Brown was willing to do the deal right away and Wallace was in a free-agent position and wanting to get more. That was more about their ability to negotiate the deal than the priority they place on the players.

It also means little to me if it's a "luxury" right now. Next season will have worries of it's own. I just plan to enjoy both of these guys on the field THIS year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Would you guys call Wallace more of a breadbasket catcher, than a hands catcher?
    No...I'd just call him what he is. A touchdown maker! And on his TD yesterday the ball was deliberately under thrown and Wallace came back and got it.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Rookie

User Info Menu

It's just plain good drafting to get such value out of a 3rd round and a 6th round pick...

In the Steelers' offense, the potential is to be greater than the sum of the parts, considering the amazing job of distributing the passes...both Haley and Ben deserve kudos for keeping their weapons (including Heath Miller!!) involved...