Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace scores touchdowns..Antonio Brown doesnt!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Wallace will have a very good season. He has explosive speed and the desire to be better. He only needs to fight for balls more. I saw two balls on Sunday that he should have made a better attempt on.
    I agree with all you said. I too think as long as he keeps his head on straight he will have a "good" season. The problem is he wants paid like a WR who has a "great" season.

You are exactly right too, he doesn't fight for balls. He doesn't know how to highpoint a ball and get it with his arms fully extended over the defender and he isn't a great route runner who adjust his routes well. That is what the elite receivers who get paid what he wants do. Both Brown and Sanders are already better at that than he is from a "learned skill" perspective.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree with all you said. I too think as long as he keeps his head on straight he will have a "good" season. The problem is he wants paid like a WR who has a "great" season.

You are exactly right too, he doesn't fight for balls. He doesn't know how to highpoint a ball and get it with his arms fully extended over the defender and he isn't a great route runner who adjust his routes well. That is what the elite receivers who get paid what he wants do. Both Brown and Sanders are already better at that than he is from a "learned skill" perspective.
    I'm just curious how you know he "isn't a great route runner who adjust his routes well". Did you hear a coach say this? Has Ben complained about him not running great routes? I haven't heard anything like that from anybody. Is it just because he is fast that you assume he can't run a route well? I'd just like to know who your source is on this and when it was said.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Wallace seems to be a good route runner. I know on Sunday Night he was shaking the Corners out of their socks, they couldnt press him

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd say Wallace is a very good route runner. But I agree that he often doesn't fight for the ball like he could. He's not Fitzgerald, but he's a very good wide receiver, certainly in the top 20% in the league, IMO.

Backup

User Info Menu

You accurately, described Wallace. I dont know what is wrong with telling the truth about a player. We can accurately critique every player on the team but when you do the same to the QB, all hell breaks loose. Everyone gets all sensitive and mad. Why?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yep...Mike Wallace scores Touchdowns!!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yep...Mike Wallace scores Touchdowns!!

Very fine play by MW on that TD. Ben did a great job of avoiding pressure and then making that throw.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post

Very fine play by MW on that TD. Ben did a great job of avoiding pressure and then making that throw.
    The catch Brown made leaping 3 ft off the ground on 3rd down and getting creamed by Landry and still held on was 10x the catch of Wallace's TD.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The catch Brown made leaping 3 ft off the ground on 3rd down and getting creamed by Landry and still held on was 10x the catch of Wallace's TD.

Brown made a couple incredible catches tonight. And he is amazing and dangerous after the catch. Brown deserved our MVP last year. I am glad we have him signed for the longer term.

Legend

User Info Menu

Would you guys call Wallace more of a breadbasket catcher, than a hands catcher?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!