Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Mike Wallace scores touchdowns..Antonio Brown doesnt!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Still no footage of Bradys "Throwups" at press time. And there wont be
    Sorry but I can't get to youtube at work. I'll try and find you some tonight. I don't think it will be hard.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    I DARE you to post footage of Brady's "throwups" to Moss. I GUARANTEE that the footage will look nothing like Bens throw.
    Prepare to eat some crow. Start at the 2:38 mark and you will see 2 plays in a row where Brady just heaves it up into double coverage. The second one looks very similar to Ben's pass to Wallace except that Moss was DOUBLE covered.

[youtube]uyZpPAzHUKE[/youtube]

I don't know why I can't get the youtube to show up in the post but here is the link

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyZpPAzHUKE]Brady Just Heaving the Ball[/url]
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

the reel starts off with brady throwing into almost triple coverage.

nice video. but, it doesnt account for the Incompletions where he's heaved it up as well

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    the reel starts off with brady throwing into almost triple coverage.

nice video. but, it doesnt account for the Incompletions where he's heaved it up as well
    Quite right.

I just wanted to answer Stopplayn who seemed to think Brady never threw into coverage and had the receiver make a play on the ball. He did it all the time but he had one of footballs greatest receivers at going up and getting a ball playing with him. Ben has never had a receiver who goes up in the air and takes it away from the defender. I did notice he never made a comment on the video.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah. That assertion was a little rediculous

Backup

User Info Menu

I never said he NEVER throws into coverage. Brady is a good deep passer and Ben is NOT. That was my point. You made it seem as if he threw passes up for grabs like Ben did with Wallace and you failed. Sorry.

The play you refrenced was a play action pass where he had to get the ball off (See that the ball was released right as he was hit and that effected the travel of the ball. In fact thats what made the ball underthrown and appear to be a tossup. But lets say it was a 'toss up". Isnt it smart to TOSS UP a pass to the 6'4 Moss over the little DBs? Mike Wallace isnt tall at all. Bens pass was NOT a good pass. The beauty of the play was the ability of Mike Wallace to catch the pass.