Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The D keeps givomg up points after a score

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    It looked like the offense had the same old prolems. We drive down the field holding the ball for 8 -10 minutes and then settle for a FG. Ben once again had me throwing stuff at the TV. Once when he had Heath wide open in the endzone but got no air under the ball and it was tipped. The second time was near the end of the half when Ben completed a pass near the 5 yard line with about 40 seconds left. He goes up to the line, not really hurrying, and then he spikes the ball. WTF was that. We had a timeout but instead of using it we lost a down. Of course we had to settle for a FG.

Overall I liked much of the offensive play calling. What I didn't like was when we had a first and goal inside the 5 yard line. That's the part of game Rooney was saying we need to improve on but instead of running the ball into the end zone we pass. Three straight incompletions and on comes Sushi.
    We have the same old problems on offense because we have the same old issues on the OL. We still have Foster and then worse Legursky playing at RG versus DeCastro. Gilbert goes down and we bring in a raw rookie. It's the same story. Until we get a dominant OL running in tight quarters like down by the goal line is always going to be hard for us.

Its not like Redman showed he was a solution when he ran for a 1.8 yard average. I thin spreading them out was the right call given how bad we ran to that point.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lets not forget Tomlin and his red flags. If someone is in the booth telling him when and when not to throw that red flag, this person needed fired a few seasons ago. Not only did Tomlin make a fool of himself not having his act together but, he helped out the Bronco and lost a timeout for our team.
    And once again, a big tall guy like Ben can't throw over the outreached arms of the defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Lets not forget Tomlin and his red flags. If someone is in the booth telling him when and when not to throw that red flag, this person needed fired a few seasons ago. Not only did Tomlin make a fool of himself not having his act together but, he helped out the Bronco and lost a timeout for our team.
    And once again, a big tall guy like Ben can't throw over the outreached arms of the defense.
    I don't have a problem with the challenge; Manning was in hurry up and was going to run another play, it was a questionable catch and Tomlin made the call. He lost, but he also got more time to get his defense set and rested a bit than if he had used an actual timeout. In the hurry up you don't have time to see the replay.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

pap i understand and respect your thoughts on this and if it was only this time or a couple before i would let it go. but it's not and i believe tomlin has the worse red flag record in the nfl. something needs to be done. i did think the same thing last night, at least the defense gets a breather.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I don't have a problem with the challenge; Manning was in hurry up and was going to run another play, it was a questionable catch and Tomlin made the call. He lost, but he also got more time to get his defense set and rested a bit than if he had used an actual timeout. In the hurry up you don't have time to see the replay.

Pappy
    I agree. I think Tomlin did it knowing what the outcome was going to be but with the challenge he bought his defense more time to regroup versus a regular time out. IMO Tomlin was crazy like a fox on that one. Very smart on his part.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    We have the same old problems on offense because we have the same old issues on the OL. We still have Foster and then worse Legursky playing at RG versus DeCastro. Gilbert goes down and we bring in a raw rookie. It's the same story. Until we get a dominant OL running in tight quarters like down by the goal line is always going to be hard for us.

Its not like Redman showed he was a solution when he ran for a 1.8 yard average. I thin spreading them out was the right call given how bad we ran to that point.
    I agree ... the offensive line is so inconsistent. I saw Pouncey wiff on a block on a short yardage play. Legursky was as bad as I'd ever seen and if Colon is going to turn into a penalty machine we might as well have kept Kemo.

Ike put up Mendy like numbers ... absolutely horrible. The one bright spot is Dwyer. He is turning me into a fan.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!