Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The D keeps givomg up points after a score

Legend

User Info Menu

The D keeps givomg up points after a score

Our pass D is horrible

Legend

User Info Menu

our offense is scoring to fast and not letting the defense rest..

lol

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Our pass D is horrible
    Our D is horrible PERIOD

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll get grief because I said it in other threads but LeBeau started playing scared as soon as Manning completed a few consecutive passes. He called off the dogs that pressured Manning in the first half and went into the shell that good QBs pick apart just like he always does. No pressure = no success.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'll get grief because I said it in other threads but LeBeau started playing scared as soon as Manning completed a few consecutive passes. He called off the dogs that pressured Manning in the first half and went into the shell that good QBs pick apart just like he always does. No pressure = no success.
    You sound like my mother-in-law with the same complaints all of the time. But, you are right about pressure. Hood and McClendon were awful. Where was that fire they showed in preseason.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I believe the issues were that no one was able to win one on one up front and Manning did a good job of changing plays and adjusting to the Steelers defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    You sound like my mother-in-law with the same complaints all of the time. But, you are right about pressure. Hood and McClendon were awful. Where was that fire they showed in preseason.
    I didn't know that your mother in law was a brilliant football analyst. Now I know where you get all your good stuff from

Seriously though until there is some positive changes the opinions are warranted.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm glad to see other recognize that eac time we score n offense our defense gies up a touch down. Maybe not each time but a good bit of the time.

If Lebeau is all that we and everyone else believes he is then, we should be dominate on defense. Lebeaus days are beyond him in my opinion. If he needs a young James Harrison to make his defense work well, this defenses days have been numbered for sometime now. Stats are nice and we had he number one d last season but they weren't number one when it counted.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It looked like the offense had the same old prolems. We drive down the field holding the ball for 8 -10 minutes and then settle for a FG. Ben once again had me throwing stuff at the TV. Once when he had Heath wide open in the endzone but got no air under the ball and it was tipped. The second time was near the end of the half when Ben completed a pass near the 5 yard line with about 40 seconds left. He goes up to the line, not really hurrying, and then he spikes the ball. WTF was that. We had a timeout but instead of using it we lost a down. Of course we had to settle for a FG.

Overall I liked much of the offensive play calling. What I didn't like was when we had a first and goal inside the 5 yard line. That's the part of game Rooney was saying we need to improve on but instead of running the ball into the end zone we pass. Three straight incompletions and on comes Sushi.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    It looked like the offense had the same old prolems. We drive down the field holding the ball for 8 -10 minutes and then settle for a FG. Ben once again had me throwing stuff at the TV. Once when he had Heath wide open in the endzone but got no air under the ball and it was tipped. The second time was near the end of the half when Ben completed a pass near the 5 yard line with about 40 seconds left. He goes up to the line, not really hurrying, and then he spikes the ball. WTF was that. We had a timeout but instead of using it we lost a down. Of course we had to settle for a FG.

Overall I liked much of the offensive play calling. What I didn't like was when we had a first and goal inside the 5 yard line. That's the part of game Rooney was saying we need to improve on but instead of running the ball into the end zone we pass. Three straight incompletions and on comes Sushi.
    That wasted play was a Ben special... he still has issues with clock management. We should have run a pass play and if nothing was there throw it out of bounds. Why give them time to rest or reset?