Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: False Start, Number 74.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

False Start, Number 74.

Willie Colon can move closer to the center, but he still can't resist false starts. I guess it wasn't anything to do with vision problems!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Willie Colon can move closer to the center, but he still can't resist false starts. I guess it wasn't anything to do with vision problems!
    Colon is a wasted 5million that should be in Wallace pocket. Until the organization wake up and dump him and Lergursky, the Oline will continue to look the same.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Colon is a wasted 5million that should be in Wallace pocket. Until the organization wake up and dump him and Lergursky, the Oline will continue to look the same.
    Legursky is a backup on a one year tender worth $1.26M.

Colon is a starter who was signed to a five year deal with a SB of $6M.

They serve different roles.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Some of these posts are comical. I guess this is expected after a loss. Let's see- IF you take Colon off the team and give Wallace his $5 mil, and then you take Legs off the team, who's playing along the OL last night?

OK- I told myself last night that I was gonna refrain from commenting today- I'll go back to lurking...

And for the record, the OL didn't play all that badly last night- considering what all they've been through already.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I thought the O-Line was bad to start, then got better in pass-protection, then shat the bed at the end...it was really deflating. I expected a better running effort than what we saw & the three sacks in the end were just rubbing it in.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    LOL. I heard a rumor it was too hard to hear the snap count from way out there at tackle. Maybe he needs to play center.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    LOL. I heard a rumor it was too hard to hear the snap count from way out there at tackle. Maybe he needs to play center.

Ha ! Maybe they can use traffic signals at the end of the field for Willie to see. We are all wrong about Wilie because Arians himself said " Willie Colon is the best right tackle in the NFL " The dredlocks, fatass appearance also makes Colon look a lot cooler don't you think ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Some of these posts are comical. I guess this is expected after a loss. Let's see- IF you take Colon off the team and give Wallace his $5 mil, and then you take Legs off the team, who's playing along the OL last night?

OK- I told myself last night that I was gonna refrain from commenting today- I'll go back to lurking...

And for the record, the OL didn't play all that badly last night- considering what all they've been through already.
    I agree. Given that we went two men down I think the OL did well. Puting Legursky in at RG in place of Foster just took a bad situation to worse. I think Colon is going to excellent at OG. Give the guy a break. he was playing his first real game in almost two years. I think the combination of adrenaline and a little fatique may have been a factor in his jumping. I think he will get better every week.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree. Given that we went two men down I think the OL did well. Puting Legursky in at RG in place of Foster just took a bad situation to worse. I think Colon is going to excellent at OG. Give the guy a break. he was playing his first real game in almost two years. I think the combination of adrenaline and a little fatique may have been a factor in his jumping. I think he will get better every week.

If he didn't have a history of false starts, I could understand your point. But in the end, he is still Willie Colon, so I do not understand your point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Oviedo I'm usually in your corner bud D Rock, he summed up how I feel about Colon.