Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: Spindenhall practices in a FULL fashion

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026

    Spindenhall practices in a FULL fashion

    Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review - Mark Kaboly

    Pittsburgh Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall (knee) fully participated in practice Wednesday, Sept. 5.
    If they rush him back, they are idiots. No reason to rush him back. NONE. Let the other guys have some carries and see what happens.

  2. #2
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,338
    If he's healthy, he's our best option. Period.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    This reminds me of that movie Friday Night Lights when Booby Miles came back too soon and blew his knee out again. Just sayin.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If he's healthy, he's our best option. Period.
    That's not a fact. JD would out perform him, because he doesn't run like a wuss. Spindenhall stutter steps and spins far too much. His talent never did translate to the NFL. I hope he's off the roster next year. His fumble cost the franchise their 7th ring. Can't get rid of him fast enough. Not to mention, he thinks bin Laden is a good guy.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    That's not a fact. JD would out perform him, because he doesn't run like a wuss. Spindenhall stutter steps and spins far too much. His talent never did translate to the NFL. I hope he's off the roster next year. His fumble cost the franchise their 7th ring. Can't get rid of him fast enough. Not to mention, he thinks bin Laden is a good guy.
    Oh, so that's your take on Mendenhall and Dwyer. Got it. It was so vague before.

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,441
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If he's healthy, he's our best option. Period.
    I agree. He is our best RB but if we don't have to play him I would wait until after the bye week.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,441
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Oh, so that's your take on Mendenhall and Dwyer. Got it. It was so vague before.
    It's also stated in about 5 or 6 other threads if you want to confirm.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  8. #8
    Mendenhall is clearly the best RB we have...and the best chance we have at winning. With that said, I want a fresh pair of legs middle to late season...and I would love for that to be Mendenhall. Give the guy 4-5 more weeks...8 months in indeed early in anyones book. Lets get a gauge on where we are with Dwyer and Redman. My 2 cents.

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Mendenhall is clearly the best RB we have...and the best chance we have at winning. With that said, I want a fresh pair of legs middle to late season...and I would love for that to be Mendenhall. Give the guy 4-5 more weeks...8 months in indeed early in anyones book. Lets get a gauge on where we are with Dwyer and Redman. My 2 cents.

    Your 2 cents may be worth a nickle because that is a good opinion that I also share.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Oh, so that's your take on Mendenhall and Dwyer. Got it. It was so vague before.
    OK, let me reiterate so I am clear. Spindenhall = tentative runner who has all the physical skills to be great but lacks passion, decisiveness and power. (He has the power but he rarely uses it.)

    JD = lazy in the beginning of his career and that is why we got him so late in the draft. But when motivated, which he appears to be now considering he came into camp weighing 20 lbs lighter, he runs with more purpose and drive than does RM and will rip off more big plays than RM will.

    I hope I am not being vague.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •