Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ike Taylor blasts Stephen A. Smith over his comments

Legend

User Info Menu

Ike Taylor blasts Stephen A. Smith over his comments

by Mark Kaboly
    Sept. 7, 2012

Ike Taylor not happy with Stephen A. Smith's comments, and lets him know about it

ESPN First Take co-host Stephen A. Smith had some choice words about Ike Taylor on Friday that got a not-so-pleasant Twitter response from Ike Taylor. First, this is what Stephen A. Smith said on the show:

"Defensively is where the problem is with the Pittsburgh Steelers. First, you still have Ike Taylor in your secondary. I didn't know he was allowed back in the NFL after the way he performed against the Denver Broncos. A banishment is a worthy consideration. I say that jokingly because I am sure he is a good guy and all that stuff. But Ike Taylor, I am sorry babe, you don't know how much you let me down in that game with Tebow. It is going to be a long time before I get over that one because that was one of the most horrific performances by a cornerback that I've ever seen in NFL history."

Ike Taylor responded with a series of Tweets to Smith:

Ike Taylor ‏@Ike_SwagginU
    "#GOINGIN @stephenasmith do me a favor keep my NAME out of your mouth, I don't know if your ever played a down of football and dont really

Give two you know what's this is your second time saying something I've held back from saying something in training camp.NOW I feel like

You taking this too far, if you have a personal opinion about me tell that to me like a MAN. I have two sister, and mom my son and his mom

Too hear that BS your talking put your selfish in my position you F "N with my Money, and I don't like that. Im a straight up no BS MAN.

You have another opinion get at me or put a leash on your MOUTH... #SWURVE ...

[URL]http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/cc85f311-330c-4411-944b-5ea970225b9d/?source=twitter[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not that i see anything wrong with Ikes comments but i just wish twitter was never invented.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No offense Ike, but he's just doing his job. It's hyperbole... certainly within license for a commentator. You are a professional; means you are subject to honest criticism. And he's right--You should have had to change your name to Ike Thomas... because Demaryus is your daddy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A good coach sometimes yells and lambastes his best player. To motivate him. The coach knows how good you are. It's a compliment. I am thinking the same thing here. Ike is a good corner. And he sucked against the Broncos. But Mundy had alot to do with that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    A good coach sometimes yells and lambastes his best player. To motivate him. The coach knows how good you are. It's a compliment. I am thinking the same thing here. Ike is a good corner. And he sucked against the Broncos. But Mundy had alot to do with that.
    so did LeBeau's defensive game plan...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Yup yup. Horrible coaching job that week and day

Rookie

User Info Menu

Huh?

Mundy just played the defense as it was called...

Ike was supposed to be on an island...and he was...he just wasn't up to it that day...

Mundy was where he was supposed to be...even on that last play...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Huh?

Mundy just played the defense as it was called...

Ike was supposed to be on an island...and he was...he just wasn't up to it that day...

Mundy was where he was supposed to be...even on that last play...
    BS! Mundy was out of position numerous times. If that's Clark, it's a different story. Ike was on an island and had ZERO safety help. Watch the replay.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    That's a cop out. Give me players who make plays.

Rookie

User Info Menu

BS! Mundy was out of position numerous times. If that's Clark, it's a different story. Ike was on an island and had ZERO safety help. Watch the replay.
    That's the way it was called...Mundy was playing run first...unfortunately, so was every other Steelers defender...

Besides, Mundy also forced the fumble that led to the Steelers' game tying TD...so, he was clearly doing something right...