Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Harrison WILL NOT Play on Sunday

  1. #1
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,441

    Harrison WILL NOT Play on Sunday

    Time for Woodley to step it up and not wait until mid-season to be a beast. He has to deliver big starting in Game #1.

    By Gerry Dulac / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison did not practice for the second day in a row and will not play in Sunday night's season opener in Denver.
    He will be replaced in the starting lineup by Chris Carter, who has been working at right outside linebacker since minicamp because of injuries to Harrison (knee) and top backup Jason Worilds (wrist).
    The Steelers have not officially listed Harrison's status for the game. They will do that later today.
    Harrison returned to practice for the first time since last season on Monday. If he didn't have any setbacks with his knee, the Steelers intended to start him against the Broncos.
    Previously, Harrison made two other attempts to come back from his injury -- once at minicamp, once at training camp -- but each time his knee swelled when he tried to cut on it.



    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    This is sh-t. Worse yet, he could be toast for the season and maybe forever.
    This really hurts our shot at a ring. Carter is no Harrison.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    This is sh-t. Worse yet, he could be toast for the season and maybe forever.
    This really hurts our shot at a ring. Carter is no Harrison.
    I 100% believe we have seen the last of Harrison as an every down, every game OLB for the Steelers. He will rotate with Carter all season and he will be gone after the season.

    As for Carter, of course he is not Harrison. Harrison wasn't Harrison until 2008. Carter has shown flashes, let's see how he progresses during the season.

  4. #4
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,146
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I 100% believe we have seen the last of Harrison as an every down, every game OLB for the Steelers. He will rotate with Carter all season and he will be gone after the season.

    As for Carter, of course he is not Harrison. Harrison wasn't Harrison until 2008. Carter has shown flashes, let's see how he progresses during the season.

    hopefully Jason Worilds can step up also. I watched Sean Lee make 12 tackles against the Giants on Wednesday, it still irks me that we chose Worilds over Sean Lee especially since we had a first round grade on Lee.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    hopefully Jason Worilds can step up also. I watched Sean Lee make 12 tackles against the Giants on Wednesday, it still irks me that we chose Worilds over Sean Lee especially since we had a first round grade on Lee.
    That does suck. I have seen NOTHING from Worilds so far. The first time I saw Harrison play I knew he was special. I don't get that feeling from any of the back ups we have now.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,592
    According to ESPN Harrison is QUESTIONABLE
    According to HARRISON on Facebook, He will be a gametime decision
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    hopefully Jason Worilds can step up also. I watched Sean Lee make 12 tackles against the Giants on Wednesday, it still irks me that we chose Worilds over Sean Lee especially since we had a first round grade on Lee.


    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,974
    What gets me is these teams, players are supposed to or should have the best medical staff available to them but yet, they allow Harrison to go all through off season, practically all of training camp to then learn he needs sugery. I realize surgery is the last thing you want but again, why could they have not known this earlier ?

    As for no one can replace Harrison, that is true. Harrisons don't grow on trees and Carter despite all the chances, experience he may get he, will never bring the impact James has.

    I don't see the value in Worilds as many of you have seen. I realize his playing time is little but from what I've seen he will only amount to be average at his job.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer SteelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,045
    James Harrison


    Didn't make practice today, looks like it will be a game time decision.

    https://www.facebook.com/#!/JamesHarrison92

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,592
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    What gets me is these teams, players are supposed to or should have the best medical staff available to them but yet, they allow Harrison to go all through off season, practically all of training camp to then learn he needs sugery. I realize surgery is the last thing you want but again, why could they have not known this earlier ?

    As for no one can replace Harrison, that is true. Harrisons don't grow on trees and Carter despite all the chances, experience he may get he, will never bring the impact James has.

    I don't see the value in Worilds as many of you have seen. I realize his playing time is little but from what I've seen he will only amount to be average at his job.
    these are the same people who give clearance for people to come back from High ankle sprains and hamstring injuries within 2 weeks of getting injured.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •