Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Same 3-4, but...

Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel View Post
    Actually the team already bounces between 34 and 43 formations right now....I'm just suggesting that more use of the 43 might be more productive given available talent, current injury status, and the way the officials are calling the game.
    Considering how much time the Steelers will likely have to spend in Nickel, Big Nickel, Dime and any other passing down packages, I would imagine that the Steelers would naturally use more 4 DL alignments as opposed to 5 LB alignments (like the Packers) simply due to the health and depth of the LBs...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    If I recall, during the time of the Colts/Bears Super Bowl, you were calling for a 4-3 Tampa-2 style defense. After last year, you were calling for a 4-3 that attacked more like the Giants.
    IMO the Giants have the right recipe. For me it has consistently been about an attacking DL regardless of what they are doin on the backside.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Lebeau an innovator?
    Guys been washed up for 10 years now

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Lebeau an innovator?
    Guys been washed up for 10 years now
    You are too harsh...5 years
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

The whole point of a Tampa 2 defense is an attacking front 4...