Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We can't win the SB with Suisham

Administrator

User Info Menu

We can't win the SB with Suisham

Honestly, how is this our best K option?

IMO, this is the biggest 2012 failure of our coaching and front office in the offseason/preseason. Quite honestly, this wasn't a difficult problem to solve.

I will go on record, that Suisham will cost us at least 1 game this season and we won't make it to the SB with him as our K. Not this year, not ever as long as he's our K.

In the AFC, it's very likely that the road to the SB will be in:

#1 - Outdoor stadiums
    #2 - Outdoor stadiums that have harsh weather/wind conditions. That could be New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and possibly even Denver or Cinci.

Suisham is simply not good beyond 40 yards especially if it's bad weather/wind which will require a stronger leg. He definitely has no business kicking in a place like Pittsburgh where weather/wind will be a factor. I'm farily certain that we'll need to make a few of those kicks to make it to the SB and he won't be able to come thru when needed.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

As I said in another thread, Suisham will cost us one, maybe two games this season.

It mystifies me that the front office is satisfied with him as a solution.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think this thread was posted last season or this past off season but never the less, it is true. What do they see in this guy ? I didn't need anyone to give me my thoughts on the guy because a I already developed them but, I heard/read from the fans of the other team/teams he was on and this is pretty much how they felt.
    He looks good for a while but soon starts to go into a slump and as the pressure mounts or the games become more important the guy can't handle it.
    He needs to go or at least go and get hypnotized. Oh yeah, his kickoffs are starting to make skippy look as if he had a leg made of steel.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is tongue in cheek but the Steelers won multiple Super Bowls with Roy Gerela. If Ben and Co can't learn to score in the Red Zone and the Defense can't produce any more turnovers than the pathetic production last year, the K won't matter at all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    This is tongue in cheek but the Steelers won multiple Super Bowls with Roy Gerela. If Ben and Co can't learn to score in the Red Zone and the Defense can't produce any more turnovers than the pathetic production last year, the K won't matter at all.
    Yeah, but Roy had a Gorilla-clad fan club back in the day...Suisham will never have fans dressing up in costume for games for him like this:

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The answer is Siusham's contract is guaranteed. With the Steelers against the cap while trying to fit Wallace and others into a contract, it didn't make sense to excerbate the matter by having to sign another kicker and deal with his cap hit.
    As I wrote a while back, even if the Steelers averaged an extra field goal in every game, their offensive woes would still only ranked them as average in scoring offense.
    As stated by most, the Steelers need TDs not FGs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, but Roy had a Gorilla-clad fan club back in the day...Suisham will never have fans dressing up in costume for games for him like this:

Now that's classic! How do you come up with this sheist? LOL.

Legend

User Info Menu

let's just hope we don't need a 52-yard field goal in the closing seconds in this year's Super Bowl from Suisham to win it:

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-5jmEqiBCY[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The answer is Siusham's contract is guaranteed. With the Steelers against the cap while trying to fit Wallace and others into a contract, it didn't make sense to excerbate the matter by having to sign another kicker and deal with his cap hit.
    As I wrote a while back, even if the Steelers averaged an extra field goal in every game, their offensive woes would still only ranked them as average in scoring offense.
    As stated by most, the Steelers need TDs not FGs.
    There is a dead money cap hit if Suisham is cut, but his contract isn't guaranteed unless he is on the week 1 roster, at which time he could elect to take his full salary as termination pay.

Or am I missing something?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The teams Gerella was on can't be compared to these teams because the 70's teams were the best. There are teams that have won the Super Bowl with field goal kicks and others that lost the Super Bowl with misses. Teams need a good kicker and punter.