Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spindenhall practices in a FULL fashion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Spindenhall practices in a FULL fashion

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review - Mark Kaboly

Pittsburgh Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall (knee) fully participated in practice Wednesday, Sept. 5.
    If they rush him back, they are idiots. No reason to rush him back. NONE. Let the other guys have some carries and see what happens.

Legend

User Info Menu

If he's healthy, he's our best option. Period.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This reminds me of that movie Friday Night Lights when Booby Miles came back too soon and blew his knee out again. Just sayin.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    That's not a fact. JD would out perform him, because he doesn't run like a wuss. Spindenhall stutter steps and spins far too much. His talent never did translate to the NFL. I hope he's off the roster next year. His fumble cost the franchise their 7th ring. Can't get rid of him fast enough. Not to mention, he thinks bin Laden is a good guy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    That's not a fact. JD would out perform him, because he doesn't run like a wuss. Spindenhall stutter steps and spins far too much. His talent never did translate to the NFL. I hope he's off the roster next year. His fumble cost the franchise their 7th ring. Can't get rid of him fast enough. Not to mention, he thinks bin Laden is a good guy.
    Oh, so that's your take on Mendenhall and Dwyer. Got it. It was so vague before.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I agree. He is our best RB but if we don't have to play him I would wait until after the bye week.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Oh, so that's your take on Mendenhall and Dwyer. Got it. It was so vague before.
    It's also stated in about 5 or 6 other threads if you want to confirm.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mendenhall is clearly the best RB we have...and the best chance we have at winning. With that said, I want a fresh pair of legs middle to late season...and I would love for that to be Mendenhall. Give the guy 4-5 more weeks...8 months in indeed early in anyones book. Lets get a gauge on where we are with Dwyer and Redman. My 2 cents.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Mendenhall is clearly the best RB we have...and the best chance we have at winning. With that said, I want a fresh pair of legs middle to late season...and I would love for that to be Mendenhall. Give the guy 4-5 more weeks...8 months in indeed early in anyones book. Lets get a gauge on where we are with Dwyer and Redman. My 2 cents.

Your 2 cents may be worth a nickle because that is a good opinion that I also share.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    OK, let me reiterate so I am clear. Spindenhall = tentative runner who has all the physical skills to be great but lacks passion, decisiveness and power. (He has the power but he rarely uses it.)

JD = lazy in the beginning of his career and that is why we got him so late in the draft. But when motivated, which he appears to be now considering he came into camp weighing 20 lbs lighter, he runs with more purpose and drive than does RM and will rip off more big plays than RM will.

I hope I am not being vague.