Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spindenhall practices in a FULL fashion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    OK, let me reiterate so I am clear. Spindenhall = tentative runner who has all the physical skills to be great but lacks passion, decisiveness and power. (He has the power but he rarely uses it.)

JD = lazy in the beginning of his career and that is why we got him so late in the draft. But when motivated, which he appears to be now considering he came into camp weighing 20 lbs lighter, he runs with more purpose and drive than does RM and will rip off more big plays than RM will.

I hope I am not being vague.
    Okay, so what you're saying is that despite Dwyer's overachieving this preseason you're taking a "wait and see" approach, and will be happy with whoever ends at up taking the majority of the snaps at RB as long as they help the team win?

Got it.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Oh, so that's your take on Mendenhall and Dwyer. Got it. It was so vague before.
    OK, let me reiterate so I am clear. Spindenhall = tentative runner who has all the physical skills to be great but lacks passion, decisiveness and power. (He has the power but he rarely uses it.)

JD = lazy in the beginning of his career and that is why we got him so late in the draft. But when motivated, which he appears to be now considering he came into camp weighing 20 lbs lighter, he runs with more purpose and drive than does RM and will rip off more big plays than RM will.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

I was really looking forward to watching Mendy run with an improved o-line, but as it sits now, IMO, Redman can be more productive.

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

And you base your opinion on a very small sample size that consists mainly of preseason games?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s View Post
    I was really looking forward to watching Mendy run with an improved o-line, but as it sits now, IMO, Redman can be more productive.
    Can Redman play or is he still dinged up?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Can Redman play or is he still dinged up?
    I recently read where Redman's ankle injury may very well bother him somewhat for the rest of the season.
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 09-06-2012 at 05:02 PM.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I recently read where Redman's ankle injury may very well bother him somewhat for the rest of the season.

It's comforting to know that the Steelers drafted God in the 6th rd of the 2010 draft, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem overall.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    It's comforting to know that the Steelers drafted God in the 6th rd of the 2010 draft, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem overall.
    thankfully it doesn't always take God a couple of years before he shows up like it has with Dwyer or this world would be in big trouble...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    God? We drafted the Father, Son AND Holy Ghost in the 6th... and on the seventh, we rested.

I can't believe I fell for another JD love thread.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    And you base your opinion on a very small sample size that consists mainly of preseason games?
    It's called "predicting." Shoot, son, I didn't conclude this from some preseason games; I already had this belief as soon as I checked him out after the drafted him. I have been telling every football fan friend I have that JD is going to shock some people in a good way.