Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: Spindenhall practices in a FULL fashion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026

    Spindenhall practices in a FULL fashion

    Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review - Mark Kaboly

    Pittsburgh Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall (knee) fully participated in practice Wednesday, Sept. 5.
    If they rush him back, they are idiots. No reason to rush him back. NONE. Let the other guys have some carries and see what happens.

  2. #2
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    26,239
    If he's healthy, he's our best option. Period.


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If he's healthy, he's our best option. Period.
    That's not a fact. JD would out perform him, because he doesn't run like a wuss. Spindenhall stutter steps and spins far too much. His talent never did translate to the NFL. I hope he's off the roster next year. His fumble cost the franchise their 7th ring. Can't get rid of him fast enough. Not to mention, he thinks bin Laden is a good guy.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    That's not a fact. JD would out perform him, because he doesn't run like a wuss. Spindenhall stutter steps and spins far too much. His talent never did translate to the NFL. I hope he's off the roster next year. His fumble cost the franchise their 7th ring. Can't get rid of him fast enough. Not to mention, he thinks bin Laden is a good guy.
    Oh, so that's your take on Mendenhall and Dwyer. Got it. It was so vague before.

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,960
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Oh, so that's your take on Mendenhall and Dwyer. Got it. It was so vague before.
    It's also stated in about 5 or 6 other threads if you want to confirm.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Oh, so that's your take on Mendenhall and Dwyer. Got it. It was so vague before.
    OK, let me reiterate so I am clear. Spindenhall = tentative runner who has all the physical skills to be great but lacks passion, decisiveness and power. (He has the power but he rarely uses it.)

    JD = lazy in the beginning of his career and that is why we got him so late in the draft. But when motivated, which he appears to be now considering he came into camp weighing 20 lbs lighter, he runs with more purpose and drive than does RM and will rip off more big plays than RM will.

    I hope I am not being vague.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,183
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    OK, let me reiterate so I am clear. Spindenhall = tentative runner who has all the physical skills to be great but lacks passion, decisiveness and power. (He has the power but he rarely uses it.)

    JD = lazy in the beginning of his career and that is why we got him so late in the draft. But when motivated, which he appears to be now considering he came into camp weighing 20 lbs lighter, he runs with more purpose and drive than does RM and will rip off more big plays than RM will.

    I hope I am not being vague.
    Okay, so what you're saying is that despite Dwyer's overachieving this preseason you're taking a "wait and see" approach, and will be happy with whoever ends at up taking the majority of the snaps at RB as long as they help the team win?

    Got it.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

  8. #8
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,724
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    OK, let me reiterate so I am clear. Spindenhall = tentative runner who has all the physical skills to be great but lacks passion, decisiveness and power. (He has the power but he rarely uses it.)

    JD = lazy in the beginning of his career and that is why we got him so late in the draft. But when motivated, which he appears to be now considering he came into camp weighing 20 lbs lighter, he runs with more purpose and drive than does RM and will rip off more big plays than RM will.

    I hope I am not being vague.
    And you base your opinion on a very small sample size that consists mainly of preseason games?
    1.25 CB Eli Apple-DB-tOSU
    2.58 SS Vonn Bell-DB tOSU
    3.89 DT Javon Hargrave-SC State
    4.123 DE-Matt Judon-Grand Valley State
    6.220 RB-Tyler Erwin-San Jose State
    7.229 WR Geronimo Allison-Ilinois
    7.246 QB-Cody Kessler-USC

  9. #9
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    26,239
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Oh, so that's your take on Mendenhall and Dwyer. Got it. It was so vague before.
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    OK, let me reiterate so I am clear. Spindenhall = tentative runner who has all the physical skills to be great but lacks passion, decisiveness and power. (He has the power but he rarely uses it.)

    JD = lazy in the beginning of his career and that is why we got him so late in the draft. But when motivated, which he appears to be now considering he came into camp weighing 20 lbs lighter, he runs with more purpose and drive than does RM and will rip off more big plays than RM will.

    I hope I am not being vague.


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,960
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If he's healthy, he's our best option. Period.
    I agree. He is our best RB but if we don't have to play him I would wait until after the bye week.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •