Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Spindenhall practices in a FULL fashion

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    I have more confidence in a healthy Dwyer than a banged up Redman.
    Why?

What has Dwyer done to inspire confidence?

Run for 121 yards against the Denver defense last year?

Nope...

And, Redman wasn't limited in practice this week...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Why?

What has Dwyer done to inspire confidence?

Run for 121 yards against the Denver defense last year?

Nope...

And, Redman wasn't limited in practice this week...
    Redman's running style doesn't lend to any sort of longevity. He's going to be oft injured all the time. Dwyer (yes i understand it was the preseason) has shown that he has the feet and the vision to pick up the tough yards without destroying his body. He looked pretty damn good and most are on board that wagon. We'll see how he fares week 1 but I've never been a big proponent of Redman as the "starter" of the Pittsburgh Steelers. He's not a starting tailback. He's a prefect platoon compliment.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Redman's running style doesn't lend to any sort of longevity. He's going to be oft injured all the time. Dwyer (yes i understand it was the preseason) has shown that he has the feet and the vision to pick up the tough yards without destroying his body. He looked pretty damn good and most are on board that wagon. We'll see how he fares week 1 but I've never been a big proponent of Redman as the "starter" of the Pittsburgh Steelers. He's not a starting tailback. He's a prefect platoon compliment.
    Pay attentiuon to Redman when he isn't running in a short yardage situation...the whole reason that people seem to think he'll be "oft injured" is because he ran against a stacked defensive line for most of his career carries...

Against both Cleveland and Denver, when he actually got carries on 1st and 2nd down, he turned out to be quite elusive and able to earn some decent gains...

Speaking of injuries, one of the RBs in question finished last season on Injured Reserve...and it wasn't Redman...

Now, do I want Dwyer to do well? Of course! If he does, it will be great for the team...

Am I confident that Dwyer will do well? No, not at all...

But, it would be nice...

Legend

User Info Menu

Among RB's, Mendenhall is currently listed as doubtful (knee), Baron Batch as questionable (groin), and Redman as probable (ankle).

The only 3 players designated as out so far are Ryan Clark, Stevenson Sylvester, and David DeCastro.

James Harrison is questionable.

Foote, Keisel, and Worilds are all probable.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/team/injury-report.html[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who cares who starts...
    As long as they hold onto the ball and p/u the blitzes we should be ok rotating backs.
    In todays NFL there is rarely a featured back that plays every down anyway.

Starter

User Info Menu

IMO, Redman is our best cut-back runner, and he doesn't need a big hole to get good yardage, as I believe Dwyer does.

Most of Dwyer's impressive runs were a product of some good blocking that opened huge holes for him.
    Last edited by blacknblue80s; 09-08-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s View Post
    IMO, Redman is our best cut-back runner, and he doesn't need a big hole to get good yardage, as I believe Dwyer does.

Most of Dwyer's impressive runs were a product of some good blocking that opened huge holes for him.
    The appearance of "good blocking" is also a result of Dwyer being able to read and set up his blocks. That is running instincts that are not natural for all RBs.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"