Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Spindenhall practices in a FULL fashion

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    OK, let me reiterate so I am clear. Spindenhall = tentative runner who has all the physical skills to be great but lacks passion, decisiveness and power. (He has the power but he rarely uses it.)

    JD = lazy in the beginning of his career and that is why we got him so late in the draft. But when motivated, which he appears to be now considering he came into camp weighing 20 lbs lighter, he runs with more purpose and drive than does RM and will rip off more big plays than RM will.

    I hope I am not being vague.
    Okay, so what you're saying is that despite Dwyer's overachieving this preseason you're taking a "wait and see" approach, and will be happy with whoever ends at up taking the majority of the snaps at RB as long as they help the team win?

    Got it.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

  2. #12
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Oh, so that's your take on Mendenhall and Dwyer. Got it. It was so vague before.
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    OK, let me reiterate so I am clear. Spindenhall = tentative runner who has all the physical skills to be great but lacks passion, decisiveness and power. (He has the power but he rarely uses it.)

    JD = lazy in the beginning of his career and that is why we got him so late in the draft. But when motivated, which he appears to be now considering he came into camp weighing 20 lbs lighter, he runs with more purpose and drive than does RM and will rip off more big plays than RM will.

    I hope I am not being vague.


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  3. #13
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    I was really looking forward to watching Mendy run with an improved o-line, but as it sits now, IMO, Redman can be more productive.

    Another AS masterpiece.

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    OK, let me reiterate so I am clear. Spindenhall = tentative runner who has all the physical skills to be great but lacks passion, decisiveness and power. (He has the power but he rarely uses it.)

    JD = lazy in the beginning of his career and that is why we got him so late in the draft. But when motivated, which he appears to be now considering he came into camp weighing 20 lbs lighter, he runs with more purpose and drive than does RM and will rip off more big plays than RM will.

    I hope I am not being vague.
    And you base your opinion on a very small sample size that consists mainly of preseason games?

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s View Post
    I was really looking forward to watching Mendy run with an improved o-line, but as it sits now, IMO, Redman can be more productive.
    Can Redman play or is he still dinged up?

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Can Redman play or is he still dinged up?
    I recently read where Redman's ankle injury may very well bother him somewhat for the rest of the season.
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 09-06-2012 at 05:02 PM.

  7. #17
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I recently read where Redman's ankle injury may very well bother him somewhat for the rest of the season.

    It's comforting to know that the Steelers drafted God in the 6th rd of the 2010 draft, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem overall.

  8. #18
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    It's comforting to know that the Steelers drafted God in the 6th rd of the 2010 draft, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem overall.
    thankfully it doesn't always take God a couple of years before he shows up like it has with Dwyer or this world would be in big trouble...

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    It's comforting to know that the Steelers drafted God in the 6th rd of the 2010 draft, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem overall.
    God? We drafted the Father, Son AND Holy Ghost in the 6th... and on the seventh, we rested.

    I can't believe I fell for another JD love thread.

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    And you base your opinion on a very small sample size that consists mainly of preseason games?
    It's called "predicting." Shoot, son, I didn't conclude this from some preseason games; I already had this belief as soon as I checked him out after the drafted him. I have been telling every football fan friend I have that JD is going to shock some people in a good way.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •