Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Spindenhall practices in a FULL fashion

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,183
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    OK, let me reiterate so I am clear. Spindenhall = tentative runner who has all the physical skills to be great but lacks passion, decisiveness and power. (He has the power but he rarely uses it.)

    JD = lazy in the beginning of his career and that is why we got him so late in the draft. But when motivated, which he appears to be now considering he came into camp weighing 20 lbs lighter, he runs with more purpose and drive than does RM and will rip off more big plays than RM will.

    I hope I am not being vague.
    Okay, so what you're saying is that despite Dwyer's overachieving this preseason you're taking a "wait and see" approach, and will be happy with whoever ends at up taking the majority of the snaps at RB as long as they help the team win?

    Got it.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

  2. #12
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    27,589
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Oh, so that's your take on Mendenhall and Dwyer. Got it. It was so vague before.
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    OK, let me reiterate so I am clear. Spindenhall = tentative runner who has all the physical skills to be great but lacks passion, decisiveness and power. (He has the power but he rarely uses it.)

    JD = lazy in the beginning of his career and that is why we got him so late in the draft. But when motivated, which he appears to be now considering he came into camp weighing 20 lbs lighter, he runs with more purpose and drive than does RM and will rip off more big plays than RM will.

    I hope I am not being vague.


    Ruthless 2017 Mock Draft:
    1.30 ILB Zach Cunningham 6'3" 234 Vanderbilt
    2.62 OLB Jordan Willis 6'4" 255 Kansas State
    3.94 CB Sidney Jones 6'0" 186 Washington
    3.105c DE Tanoh Kpassagnon 6'7" 289 Villanova
    4.135 CB Rasul Douglas 6'2" 209 West Virginia
    5.173 RB James Conner 6'1" 233 Pittsburgh
    6.213 SS Lorenzo Jerome 5'10" 204 St. Francis
    7.248 TE Michael Roberts 6'4" 270 Toledo

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  3. #13
    I was really looking forward to watching Mendy run with an improved o-line, but as it sits now, IMO, Redman can be more productive.

    Another AS masterpiece.

  4. #14
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    11,689
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    OK, let me reiterate so I am clear. Spindenhall = tentative runner who has all the physical skills to be great but lacks passion, decisiveness and power. (He has the power but he rarely uses it.)

    JD = lazy in the beginning of his career and that is why we got him so late in the draft. But when motivated, which he appears to be now considering he came into camp weighing 20 lbs lighter, he runs with more purpose and drive than does RM and will rip off more big plays than RM will.

    I hope I am not being vague.
    And you base your opinion on a very small sample size that consists mainly of preseason games?

  5. #15
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s View Post
    I was really looking forward to watching Mendy run with an improved o-line, but as it sits now, IMO, Redman can be more productive.
    Can Redman play or is he still dinged up?

  6. #16
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    17,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Can Redman play or is he still dinged up?
    I recently read where Redman's ankle injury may very well bother him somewhat for the rest of the season.
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 09-06-2012 at 05:02 PM.

  7. #17
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,468
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I recently read where Redman's ankle injury may very well bother him somewhat for the rest of the season.

    It's comforting to know that the Steelers drafted God in the 6th rd of the 2010 draft, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem overall.

  8. #18
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    17,181
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    It's comforting to know that the Steelers drafted God in the 6th rd of the 2010 draft, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem overall.
    thankfully it doesn't always take God a couple of years before he shows up like it has with Dwyer or this world would be in big trouble...

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19,725
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    It's comforting to know that the Steelers drafted God in the 6th rd of the 2010 draft, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem overall.
    God? We drafted the Father, Son AND Holy Ghost in the 6th... and on the seventh, we rested.

    I can't believe I fell for another JD love thread.

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    And you base your opinion on a very small sample size that consists mainly of preseason games?
    It's called "predicting." Shoot, son, I didn't conclude this from some preseason games; I already had this belief as soon as I checked him out after the drafted him. I have been telling every football fan friend I have that JD is going to shock some people in a good way.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •