Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harrison's knee "A OK."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Harrison's knee "A OK."

[url]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/harrison-practices-hopes-to-play-for-steelers-on-sunday-651834/[/url]

I am pleased to hear this, but not totally comfortable with JH's health. He said if the knee swelled up after his first practice that "It's over." We need this guy if they are going to truly contend. There is no replacing a Harrison, unless you have a T Suggs or Ware on your roster and we don't.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    There is no replacing a Harrison, unless you have a T Suggs or Ware on your roster and we don't.
    not many teams do...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope it stays this way otherwise he may be done for his year or even career...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think everyone realizes this is Harrison's last year. Hopefully he makes it a good one.

After this one its goodby Harrison, Clark, and possibly others.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I think everyone realizes this is Harrison's last year. Hopefully he makes it a good one.

After this one its goodby Harrison, Clark, and possibly others.
    ...Foote, Hampton, Will Allen...Keisel may have 2 years left in the Black & Gold (his contract expires after 2013).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    ...Foote, Hampton, Will Allen...Keisel may have 2 years left in the Black & Gold (his contract expires after 2013).
    I actually think Foote and Keisel will survive depending on how they hold up this year. With Spence's injury and being how thin we are at ILB, Foote may survive if he continues to play decent.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think with the drafting of Heyward and Ziggy, we will survive if Keisel is done here. Foote is a player screaming to be upgraded to begin with. They sure haven't been missing on young LBs for lack of trying. They have spent many draft picks to re-build it for the future, and none of those dudes are working out, starting with Bruce Davis years ago (Plus Alonzo Jackson fiasco). Worilds, Sly, etc.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Let me be the first to predict that James Harrison is not done now, or at the end of the year.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed: Harrison Tells Reporters to Get 'Out of My Face'

WEDNESDAY, 05 SEPTEMBER 2012 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

Linebacker James Harrison, trying to come back from Aug. 15 arthroscopic knee surgery, was limited in practice Wednesday after giving a couple reporters the “A-OK” sign Tuesday regarding his health.

Afterward, he gave reporters a different kind of oral hand signal when he was asked about his health.

“I don’t know, we’ll see. I’ll talk to y’all Friday. Peace out. Out of my face.”

Coach Mike Tomlin, on a conference call, told the Denver media Wednesday that Harrison will play if he makes it through the week ok.

"He practiced Monday and did well," Tomlin said. "He came in and was no worse for wear. We're just taking it day-by-day. I think Monday's work was a positive day, but we'll continue to watch and see where it takes us."

In other injury news, linebackers Larry Foote (left ankle) and Stevenson Sylvester (MCL) did not practice, although Foote should be able to do so today. Halfback Baron Batch (groin) was limited in practice.

Previously injured players who went through a full practice besides Mendenhall and Redman were Keisel (ankle) and linebacker Jason Worilds (wrist).

[URL]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/117911-ed-harrison-tells-reporters-to-get-out-of-my-face[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I imagine we will wean the team off a few more of those veterans, but not all of them. Whether its Harrison, depends on what happens over the next 4 weeks. We don't need him today, but we need him for a few tomorrows coming up over the next 17 weeks.

Hampton is likely done if Ta'amu progresses. He was a 4th rounder, so he'll have some slack for a season. NT can get jobs by being able to walk, so teams will come for him. I wonder if he will retire a Steeler. I bet he plays 2-3 more years elsewhere.

Foote ain't going anywhere til his contract runs out.