Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So Who Is the New Stud?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So Who Is the New Stud?

What player on the Steelers squad is going to step up and be the next great Steeler on offense or defense? There always seems to be a player every year that steps up and becomes a difference maker. Last year it was Antonio Brown!! Who do you guys think it will be this year.

Chris Carter? The guy has looked solid in the preseason with his ability off the edge to get to the QB. He gained valuable experience playing a ton of snaps with the first team this summer. It looks like he could share time with JH early on and could give the Steelers the ability to rotate Harrison and Woodley out to keep everyone fresh.

Chris Rainey? The kid could be electric not only on offense but maybe more so on special teams. He has an uncanny ability to break tackles and has exceptional speed and open field ability. This kid could be a big play guy for the squad this year, and appears to be a steal in the 5th round.

Jonathan Dwyer? The kid had a great preseason not only running the ball but also showing the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. I believe he will take carries away from Redman early and could show enough that he will be in the RB rotation all season.

Cortez Allen? The kid has a ton of natural ability and even though he has some more growing to do he could turn himself into one of the best CB's in the league. The potential is definitely there.

Keenan Lewis? Could this guy finally solidify the CB position opposite Ike Taylor. He has shown the ability to stay with just about any receiver he has faced in the last 14 months and has really improved over the course of his first 3 seasons. Could he take that next step and become a potential Pro Bowl CB?

Ziggy Hood/Cameron Heyward/Steve McClendon? Can these guys show that the Steelers do have young talent up front with the ability to replace old stalwarts like Brett Keisel and Casey Hampton. The Steelers better hope so considering the spent 2 First Rounders on 2/3 of these guys.

What do yinz think? Who is the next Antonio Brown or Mike Wallace??
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

I say Ziggy Hood...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

An impressive list in every group. Every one of those players has a really high ceiling. But, since as they say, things start up front I'll go with your DL group.

You said: "Ziggy Hood/Cameron Heyward/Steve McClendon? Can these guys show that the Steelers do have young talent up front with the ability to replace old stalwarts like Brett Keisel and Casey Hampton. The Steelers better hope so considering the spent 2 First Rounders on 2/3 of these guys.

Really like this group. But for the future stud I like Heyward. Even though he is not starting he gradually is getting better and better. I can see him as a regular pro-bowler in future years.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ziggy Hood.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ziggy Hood and Steve McLendon are going to have great seasons.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Chris Rainey will be making splash plays all year long.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hopefully rainy will make positive splash plays, not like the 1 made by David Wilson last night on his first carry as a new York Gianants

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Ramon Foster steps up big time in Decastro's place.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I really hope that Ziggy, McClendon and Heyward all step up this year. I've read some mixed reviews on Heyward and he has me a bit worried. McClendon seems like a guy that could have a real impact used in a rotation, including giving him some snaps on passing downs.

With the extra snaps in the preseason and hopefully a clean bill of health, I think Manny Sanders could be a real weapon as the third WR.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Ramon Foster steps up big time in Decastro's place.
    Put down the crack pipe and come off that limb before you fall and get hurt.

Foster is the same OG who couldn't move the opposing defensive line and bled inside pressure on Ben. Our problems in short yardage was directly attributable to the poor interior line play we had the last two years from our Guards...Foster, Kemo and Legursky.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"