Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So Who Is the New Stud?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Put down the crack pipe and come off that limb before you fall and get hurt.

Foster is the same OG who couldn't move the opposing defensive line and bled inside pressure on Ben. Our problems in short yardage was directly attributable to the poor interior line play we had the last two years from our Guards...Foster, Kemo and Legursky.
    We never seem to have problems in short yardage when Redman ran it on 3rd and one...

Strangely, on 3rd and 2, we never attempted to run it, passing every time...

That's on Arians...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    We never seem to have problems in short yardage when Redman ran it on 3rd and one...

Strangely, on 3rd and 2, we never attempted to run it, passing every time...

That's on Arians...
    Yeah OVI!!! Take that!!
    We will see and by midseason you will be saying "Smythe is the master commander!!!"
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Yeah OVI!!! Take that!!
    We will see and by midseason you will be saying "Smythe is the master commander!!!"
    I think I'm far more likely to see Foster get stoned at the LOS or pushed back into Ben's face.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Cortez Allen. I can't recall the last time one of our corners had more than a couple of interceptions in a season (if that). Even though he is the #3 CB and therefore not officially a starter, in this new passing league we should be in nickel/dime defense more often than we are in base defense, so Allen should see the field aplenty. I'm thinking Cortez bucks that trend with 4 or 5 INT's, plus double digit passes defensed, and solid run support as well.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Yeah OVI!!! Take that!!
    That's better than the master baiter.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm on the Cortez bandwagon. And I don't even think his stats will tell the whole story. He represents a potential shift in the defense with a 3rd big CB that allows Lebeau to play more press coverage. Help the pass rush. And unleash the corner blitz again.

My second choice would be the Zigster. He's gonna need some help from the rest of the front 7 and better coverage to put up stats. He's the guy in the front 7 that's going to get all the double teams. He's gotten incredibly strong.

My 3rd would be Manny Sanders. He's gonna benefit greatly from Wally and Brown getting the attention. He'll always be open and should have a really easy time being successful in the slot and with old reliable Ward gone and Heath probably being needed in pass pro again with our line where it is.

Starter

User Info Menu

At some point this season I think Mike Adams will replace Starks and help us to feel slightly less sick about the DeCastro injury.

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s View Post
    At some point this season I think Mike Adams will replace Starks and help us to feel slightly less sick about the DeCastro injury.
    Not this season. Pouncey and Starks are what holds this OL together (very soon I might add Colon to that list, but not yet). Adams is only replacing Starks due to injury.

I will continue to feel sick about the DeCastro injury because it means Foster is playing in his place. More of the problems we have seen the past couple of year. Foster is an adequete back up but he is not top line starter material like DeCastro can become.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

ZIGGY will be the man!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    ZIGGY will be the man!!!
    I agree if he is allowed to go into "attack mode" versus dance with the OL and hold them up.