Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harrison's knee "A OK."

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    Foote ain't going anywhere til his contract runs out.
    This is the last year of Foote's contract (on 3/15/2010, he signed a three-year, $9.3 million contract, containing $3.9 million guaranteed, including a $1.8 million signing bonus). He will be an unrestricted free agent in 2013.

I imagine we will wean the team off a few more of those veterans, but not all of them. Whether its Harrison, depends on what happens over the next 4 weeks. We don't need him today, but we need him for a few tomorrows coming up over the next 17 weeks.

Hampton is likely done if Ta'amu progresses. He was a 4th rounder, so he'll have some slack for a season. NT can get jobs by being able to walk, so teams will come for him. I wonder if he will retire a Steeler. I bet he plays 2-3 more years elsewhere.

Harrison will be gone for cap reasons. The cap is going to stay flat for 2013. His contract is just too unwieldy. If he is willing to take a hair cut on his salary, he could stay ala Hampton.

Pro Bowler
    I imagine we will wean the team off a few more of those veterans, but not all of them. Whether its Harrison, depends on what happens over the next 4 weeks. We don't need him today, but we need him for a few tomorrows coming up over the next 17 weeks.

Hampton is likely done if Ta'amu progresses. He was a 4th rounder, so he'll have some slack for a season. NT can get jobs by being able to walk, so teams will come for him. I wonder if he will retire a Steeler. I bet he plays 2-3 more years elsewhere.

Foote's contract runs out in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Foote's contract runs out in 2013.
    this is the last year of Larry Foote's contract, he will be a free agent after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Let me be the first to predict that James Harrison is not done now, or at the end of the year.
    I'll second that prediction.

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 05, 2012

Wednesday news, notes

The Steelers held their second practice of the week Wednesday and it wasn't all good news.

Linebacker James Harrison was limited Wednesday as he continues to work his way back from knee surgery.

Harrison shooed reporters away from his locker after practice, saying he would let everyone know Friday what his status is.

Harrison could still wind up playing, but at this point, it doesn't look good.

On the other hand, Jason Worilds was back as a full participant and looks like he's ready to go. Worilds, who had offseason wrist surgery, is listed as the top backup to LaMarr Woodley, but has more experience than Chris Carter.

@ Isaac Redman was back as a full participant on Wednesday and looks to be ready to go against the Broncos.

Redman said he doesn't know if it will be him or Jonathan Dwyer as the starter in Denver.

@ Linebacker Larry Foote was out today with an ankle issue, but it was just as likely the team wanted to get Brandon Johnson as many snaps as possible at Foote's spot inside.

@ The fact the Steelers haven't done anything with David DeCastro yet in terms of injured reserve tells me that they are indeed looking to bring in a veteran to replace him.

That veteran is likely Trai Essex, despite some reports to the contrary. Right now, they have just three healthy backup linemen. And two of those are rookies Mike Adams and Kelvin Beachum.

I can guarantee you they aren't confident in putting Beachum in a regular season game at this point.

Essex will be back next week when the Steelers won't be on the hook for his entire salary.

posted by Dale Lolley

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

Harrison a game-time decision for Sunday’s contest vs. Broncos

Steelers linebacker James Harrison streches during practice on the South Side Sept. 3, 2012

By Ralph N. Paulk
    Published: Friday, September 7, 2012

Steelers linebacker James Harrison will be a game-day decision for the regular-season opener at Denver on Sunday.

Harrison, still recovering from minor knee surgery last month, did not practice today.

“The knee didn’t feel too good, and they (team physicians) want to let it rest and see if rest will help it,” Harrison said. “They’ll make a decision when the game comes.”

Harrison said he prefers to play, but second-year linebacker Chris Carter is likely to get the start against the Broncos at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Carter, who played mostly special teams last season, played most of the minutes at right outside linebacker during the preseason.

“I’m just trying to stay prepared for any situation that comes up,” Carter said. “I really don’t try to get too involved with what’s going on with James. If he can’t play, then I have to be ready.”

Harrison missed five games last season after suffering a fractured orbital bone against Houston in Week 4. He missed another because of a suspension following an illegal hit on Cleveland quarterback Colt McCoy.

It’s a setback for the nine-year veteran who earlier this week appeared confident he would be ready to play. He was held out of practice, partly because of irritation and soreness on his surgically repaired knee.

“There was a little swelling, but nothing major,” Harrison said. “There was more irritation, a little pain and soft tissue hasn’t healed yet.

“If the game was today, I couldn’t play. It’s just sore.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz25nppdeup

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'll second that prediction.
    Your prediction is not looking to be off to a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    this is the last year of Larry Foote's contract, he will be a free agent after this season.
    He'll look good in a Cardinals uniform.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    He'll look good in a Cardinals uniform.
    Arizona Cardinals, Where old Steelers go at the end of their career

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.