Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Name Keenan Lewis a Starter; Cortez Allen Ready as Well

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I generally agree, though I'm not as sold on Brown. He has the ability to be a special teams ace, but I haven't seen enough from him in coverage yet.

I think Lewis will be, at the very least, a solid starting corner, and I still think that Allen has the most upside of the group.
    Luckily, and hopefully, Brown shouldn't be needed in a big role for a couple more years. That will give him time to develop along the lines of Keenan Lewis and he will be ready when Ike leaves, if not sooner.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    I think Cortez Allen has Ike Taylor like upside, while Keenan Lewis is maybe more in the mold of a Chad Scott and Curtis Brown is possibly a Dewayne Washington.

Pro Bowler
    Too early to bust out "Lewis Island"....

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Too early to bust out "Lewis Island"....
    It's in Scotland.

And, in case we want to get even further ahead of ourselves, Allen Island is in Canada and Brown Island is in Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It's in Scotland.

And, in case we want to get even further ahead of ourselves, Allen Island is in Canada and Brown Island is in Virginia.
    Not working today?
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    What love did we deny him ?
    Many have not wanted him as starter even after displaying solid play last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Not working today?
    Lunch break!

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I think Cortez Allen has Ike Taylor like upside, while Keenan Lewis is maybe more in the mold of a Chad Scott and Curtis Brown is possibly a Dewayne Washington.
    Yeah, I would disagree with you on that one. While I get the bigger physical DB thing...I believe he will be a better DB than either Scott or Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah, I would disagree with you on that one. While I get the bigger physical DB thing...I believe he will be a better DB than either Scott or Washington.
    Chad Scott looked like a tremendous CB to me...before he tore his ACL prior to his second year...he was never the same after that...

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Chad Scott looked like a tremendous CB to me...before he tore his ACL prior to his second year...he was never the same after that...
    Yeah, I guess I remember Charred Scott...more than any DB who was even remotely serviceable.