Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JD is a baller

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

JD is a baller

Finally saw replay of Bills game. That catch by Dwyer was sick. I am telling you, this guy is going to have a break out season, if he stays healthy. He just has "it" - what it is. He has it. I am liking the thought of Big Ben, JD, Rainey, Brown, Wallace, Miller and, hopefully, Sanders, driving defenses nuts. And, I will still feel this way even if we lose in Denver, week 1.

Legend

User Info Menu

That was a nice catch but I was more impressed by Redman taking on the LB at the GL and driving the pile into the endzone.

I like the talent we have in the backfield.

Legend

User Info Menu

JDSteeler is the Nostradamus of the board. He had the foreskin (I mean foresight) to know we'd draft Dwyer and he'd be the 2nd coming. No wonder he's been frothing at the mouth for so long....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    JDSteeler is the Nostradamus of the board. He had the foreskin (I mean foresight) to know we'd draft Dwyer and he'd be the 2nd coming. No wonder he's been frothing at the mouth for so long....
    Just to clarify, the foreskin was a typo to funny to not just leave there. I just heard a pregnant women saying she just read you're not supposed to circumcise your babies any more. Water cooler talk is crossing over into my posting

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    That was a nice catch but I was more impressed by Redman taking on the LB at the GL and driving the pile into the endzone.

I like the talent we have in the backfield.
    I like Redman's guts and tenacity, but can he really last all season taking on LBs? I don't think he can, hence, JD will get his shot at being the bread and butter back. And Mendenhall can just go away and waste some other team's time with his spins and stutter steps.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was at the game. Thought it was a Wide Receiver from the other side of the field until I saw the replay
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I like Redman's guts and tenacity, but can he really last all season taking on LBs? I don't think he can, hence, JD will get his shot at being the bread and butter back. And Mendenhall can just go away and waste some other team's time with his spins and stutter steps.
    REDMAN is the man!! He can block and he always moves forward. Not side to side.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    REDMAN is the man!! He can block and he always moves forward. Not side to side.
    Yea, but that style is going to get him dinged up. He is fine for 1 game, or for a handful of carries for several, but I don't see him being a work horse type of back.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Yea, but that style is going to get him dinged up. He is fine for 1 game, or for a handful of carries for several, but I don't see him being a work horse type of back.
    This year is the first time i remember him injured.
    It's the NFL, it's going to happen....he's built well and I don't see it year after year.
    I'm not gonna label him injury prone quite yet

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    This year is the first time i remember him injured.
    It's the NFL, it's going to happen....he's built well and I don't see it year after year.
    I'm not gonna label him injury prone quite yet
    I'm not saying "injury prone" per se, just that with an increased load, his style is likely to get him dinged. He takes on all tacklers and doesn't go down easy, and keeps chugging, but that invites too many hits. When I watch him run, it seems he takes on major hits with almost every carry. That was fine when he only has a few touches a game, but being the starter, etc? I think it's gonna take its toll. Hope not.