Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick response: What are your concerns/strengths for this year?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Maybe Ben is better when he play mad.
    He's like Rocky or the Incredible Hulk!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd hate to be around if Bruce Banner ran out of toilet paper in the stall next to me.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Biggest Concern :

Our Running Back Situation -

(imo) Mendenhall comes in recovering from an injury.

Isaac Redman - he takes too many hits. I REALLY hate to knock a guy for fighting for every inch on the field, but sometimes it really is better just to go down. If Mendenhall takes 2 hits for 5 yards, Redman takes 2 hits for 5 yards and 4 additional hits for an extra yard or two....is it worth it??

The only "healthy" guys we have coming in are a relatively unproven Dwyer, a relative rookie coming off of an injury Baron Batch and rookie Chris Rainey.

Too many health and unproven issues for my taste - however it's a new playbook and any of these guys may be an improved option from what we've seen in the recent past.

2nd biggest concern is:

Linebackers -

I still think Timmons hasn't become the playmaker the Steelers had once envisioned.
    Foote -- is solid, but a step backwards from what Farrior once was.
    Woodley - Health issues
    Harrison - Bigger Health Issues.

L.B.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My concern is the Defense. Specifically- LB's and the CB's. I just hope we'll be able to get off the field on 3rd downs.....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    My biggest concerns have to do with health and the OL on Offense. It would be great for these guys to be able to actually gel as a unit. On Defense, I'm concerned about the LB corps and the turnstyle that we are starting to see there. I'm pretty confident that if our starters are healthy and ready to go that we'll be in good shape. However...

the main thing that concerns me about this team is how healthy we can stay. if we continue to get decimated by injuries this could be a long season but if we can just stay healthy another Super Bowl run is very possible.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull View Post
    Biggest Concern :

Isaac Redman - he takes too many hits. I REALLY hate to knock a guy for fighting for every inch on the field, but sometimes it really is better just to go down. If Mendenhall takes 2 hits for 5 yards, Redman takes 2 hits for 5 yards and 4 additional hits for an extra yard or two....is it worth it??

L.B.
    Jeez-O-Pete are you serious?! Nothing personal Lon but just listen to yourself. You would prefer Redman to just lay down after the first touch? This injury prone thing has gone a little too far. Running backs have been resisting tackles since the inception of the game...and applauded for it. He is who he is and I for one am glad he shows a little spirit. Remember that short pass where he fought and scored the winning TD against the Ravens? Gets the troops fired up. Lets not succumb to the dark cloud called Goodell which currently hangs over our sport. I urge you to rethink your position.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Jeez-O-Pete are you serious?! Nothing personal Lon but just listen to yourself. You would prefer Redman to just lay down after the first touch? This injury prone thing has gone a little too far. Running backs have been resisting tackles since the inception of the game...and applauded for it. He is who he is and I for one am glad he shows a little spirit. Remember that short pass where he fought and scored the winning TD against the Ravens? Gets the troops fired up. Lets not succumb to the dark cloud called Goodell which currently hangs over our sport. I urge you to rethink your position.
    I think Lon was talking about playing smart and knowing when you aren't going to get anymore yards and avoiding unnecessary hits. It is a fine line like you describe between realizing you've been stopped and breaking free for a big play. However, the former is much more the case than the latter.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    I agree...every player needs to go balls out on every play...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think Lon was talking about playing smart and knowing when you aren't going to get anymore yards and avoiding unnecessary hits. It is a fine line like you describe between realizing you've been stopped and breaking free for a big play. However, the former is much more the case than the latter.
    Isaac Redman being injury prone because he takes too many hits is an urban myth that has been perpetuated on this board for some reason...

What injuries has he had? Shoulder injuries? Concussions? Broken collarbones? Nope...

A groin and an ankle injury...things that come from actually running and not from taking big hits...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Isaac Redman being injury prone because he takes too many hits is an urban myth that has been perpetuated on this board for some reason...

What injuries has he had? Shoulder injuries? Concussions? Broken collarbones? Nope...

A groin and an ankle injury...things that come from actually running and not from taking big hits...
    I don't think anyone has said he has a history of injuries, I think what has been said is that his running style makes injuries more likely. I think if you look at RBs around the league that position in general has a high number of injuries each year. Redman has just caused concern to many (me included) when he had trouble making it through Preseason healthy.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"