Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick response: What are your concerns/strengths for this year?

Rookie

User Info Menu

I don't know what games Mr. Neal Coolong was watching, but Heyward has looked pretty disruptive in the snaps he played last year in live games...

Also, if Ta'amu isn't "getting it", why is he on the roster? He must be getting something...4th round picks aren't exactly locks to make the team...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I don't know what games Mr. Neal Coolong was watching, but Heyward has looked pretty disruptive in the snaps he played last year in live games...

Also, if Ta'amu isn't "getting it", why is he on the roster? He must be getting something...4th round picks aren't exactly locks to make the team...
    Heyward was hot and cold last year as expected by a rookie especially in our system since we require them to play very different than they typically did in college. T-mu is just going through the same learning process.

Coolong may watch games but that has nothing to do with what he writes. He writes what he thinks will get enough "buzz" to have people read what he writes. Being accurate has nothing to do with what he writes. He is simply another version of Madden but less obnoxious.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Worried Coulmn:

Kicker/Punter
    Coverage team
    Can Foote fill the shoe's of Farrior ( no pun intended )
    Harrison probably won't be the force we need to make our defense click
    Troy....I think he has lost some desire/ lost a step or something.
    I don't know if Ziggy has come of age yet.
    Can Lebeau figure out how to stop the run or get ff the field on third down ?

Positive Column:

I think our o-line will be better
    I like our young runners that want to prove they belong
    Our receiveing group has to be the best in the NFL
    Keenan Lewis should be a plus
    McCleddon given the chance should add to the d-line
    Rainy on special teams is huge
    Haley has to be better than Arians.

Side bar: Since I made the comment about Arians I quickly went back to the Steelers/Eagles game when the Eagles treated Ben like chum.
    Arians made no adjustments to help out his friend the quarterback at all that day and if that was the only reason to get rid of Arians then so be it but sadly, there were many reasons to get rid of Arians. So to continue my last positive line in my positive column.........Haley might make our offense the lights out show many of us thought it could be.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Worried Coulmn:

Kicker/Punter
    Coverage team
    Can Foote fill the shoe's of Farrior ( no pun intended )
    Harrison probably won't be the force we need to make our defense click
    Troy....I think he has lost some desire/ lost a step or something.
    I don't know if Ziggy has come of age yet.
    Can Lebeau figure out how to stop the run or get ff the field on third down ?

Positive Column:

I think our o-line will be better
    I like our young runners that want to prove they belong
    Our receiveing group has to be the best in the NFL
    Keenan Lewis should be a plus
    McCleddon given the chance should add to the d-line
    Rainy on special teams is huge
    Haley has to be better than Arians.

Side bar: Since I made the comment about Arians I quickly went back to the Steelers/Eagles game when the Eagles treated Ben like chum.
    Arians made no adjustments to help out his friend the quarterback at all that day and if that was the only reason to get rid of Arians then so be it but sadly, there were many reasons to get rid of Arians. So to continue my last positive line in my positive column.........Haley might make our offense the lights out show many of us thought it could be.

It's only preseason but Ben looked an awful lot like chum when we played the Eagles.

Arians never had a good OL and it just made the result of his stubborness and unwillingness to adapt worse. Haley has a chance if the OL improves. If not, more of the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

But Arians never added more protection, tried any draw plays, quick passes or anything to take the heat off of Ben.
    I've heard a couple of teams laugh at the Steelers and their arrogance or stupidity on how they don't protect Ben when there is a constant jail break at getting to Ben. And I agree.
    I'm not saying Haley will be Gods gift but I'm sure he is willing to try.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It's only preseason but Ben looked an awful lot like chum when we played the Eagles.
    The last time Ben looked like chum vs. the Eagles, we won the Super Bowl that year.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The last time Ben looked like chum vs. the Eagles, we won the Super Bowl that year.
    If you are selling, I'm buying that!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That fact hasn't escape my memory. So if we allow Ben to get beat, drug through the mud, broken nose, mugged up and down the field then, we should have won Super Bowls each season Ben has played.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My biggest concerns have to do with health and the OL on Offense. It would be great for these guys to be able to actually gel as a unit. On Defense, I'm concerned about the LB corps and the turnstyle that we are starting to see there. I'm pretty confident that if our starters are healthy and ready to go that we'll be in good shape. However...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    That fact hasn't escape my memory. So if we allow Ben to get beat, drug through the mud, broken nose, mugged up and down the field then, we should have won Super Bowls each season Ben has played.
    Maybe Ben is better when he play mad.