Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steeler PS News...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steeler PS News...

Per Steelers Depot bith Ryan Lee & Marshall McFadden have been signed to the PS.

[url]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09/g-ryan-lee-makes-steelers-practice-squad-as-does-lb-marshall-mcfadden/[/url]
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Backup

User Info Menu

I have read good things about Ryan Lee throughout camp.

I am also happy to hear that McFadden was added...He made some nice splash plays during the preseason and at least showed some potential. He was around the ball quite a bit.

Any news on the WRs that we released? Has anyone been picked up by other teams?

Starter

User Info Menu

No Jerrod Johnson on the PS. I'm a bit disappointed. Was Malecki really that good? Not so sure about Victorian either.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Agree To Terms With Eight For Practice Squad
    Posted 18 minutes ago

The Steelers have agreed to terms with eight players for their practice squad, the team announced today.

The eight players include offensive linemen John Malecki and Ryan Lee, wide receivers David Gilreath and Toney Clemons, tight end Jamie McCoy, linebacker Marshall McFadden, safety Damon Cromartie-Smith and cornerback Josh Victorian.

The Steelers open their 2012 season next Sunday, Sept. 9, at Denver. Kickoff at Sports Authority Field at Mile High is set for 8:20 p.m. and will be nationally televised on NBC (locally WPXI-TV, channel 11).
    [URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Agree-To-Terms-With-Eight-For-Practice-Squad/eaea6ba0-02bc-4bfd-bcce-36385c4da0a2[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Wow! That seems really fast the Steelers sure did not waste any time getting these guys signed.

I'm starting to get a real good feeling that the Steelers have come out of this off season with a big load of very good players. Sure hope so, since it was really necessary for the future.

BTW: Steelfin said: "I am also happy to hear that McFadden was added...He made some nice splash plays during the preseason and at least showed some potential. He was around the ball quite a bit."

---Hope your right about that. He could come in handy from there.

Well, on to Denver!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm really sorry that JJ isn't on the practice squad. Actually, I'm upset that he isn't on the roster. Like most have mentioned many times we could have released Charlie and he would be around if we needed him. JJ really showed me some potential. I thought we could have groomed him into a good backup for Ben. He's more mobile than Lefty and has a good, strong arm. Oh well (sigh).
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

In the NFL, the backup QB gets MINIMAL reps with the starting offense each week, and the #3 QB is pretty much there just to run the scout team offense to give the defense something to practice against (i.e. not run our offense's plays). If they kept Johnson on the practice squad (i.e. the 4th QB at Steeler practices), what reps would he ever get? They needed a couple of WR's on the practice squad because we only have 4 WR's on the actual roster, and our defense needs to be able to practice against multi-receiver sets. They needed an ILB and CB because we are thin at both of those spots as well.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

agreed.

just don't get the love affair the coaches seem to have with charlie batch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    No Jerrod Johnson on the PS. I'm a bit disappointed. Was Malecki really that good? Not so sure about Victorian either.
    none of the other 31 teams in the NFL claimed JJ off waivers so he will still be available for us if one of our 3 QBs were to get injured.

Malecki provides us depth at the center position.

I thought Josh Victorian was definitely our 5th best CB, glad we were able to sign him to the PS.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

With Adams, Ta'Amu, Rainey, Beachum, and Paulson on the 53, DeCastro soon-to-be-placed on whatever we are calling this new temporary I.R. thingie, Spence on the actual I.R., and Clemons on the P.S., the only draftee who is no longer associated with the Steelers is CB Terrence Frederick.