Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steeler PS News...

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I also want to know why the hell Beachum was selected ahead of Lee. Beachum is not even PS worthy.

Can Sean Kugler recognize and develop talent on O-Line??? Seriously what was Sean Kugler thinking while making that decision?? Maybe Beachum knows something personal about Kugler.

General Manager Kevin Colbert and the Steelers coaching staff appear to be high on rookie Kelvin Beachum, who they think can play left guard, left tackle and eventually center.

Colbert was asked Friday about the decision to keep Beachum on the 53 man roster. "His versatility to play tackle, guard, and some day he'll be able to play center as well, once he learns how to snap because of his intelligence," said Colbert. "You love that versatility, especially when you're only carrying really eight active offensive linemen because David (DeCastro) will be an inactive player for as long as he's carried on the active roster."

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl..._soon/11604031

Pro Bowler
    As an Aggie fan, I was hoping for at least 1 of my 3 Aggies to hold on. Frederick was borderline, but thought he warranted PS. JJ deserved the roster spot. He had a passer rating of 138 and played well. Batch adds nothing and would be hanging around Pittsburgh anyway. JJ will get picked up somewhere. He's really progressed alot since college and his shoulder injury.So I have Jamie McCoy on PS. Never thought he would have lingered this long. He must have learned to block alot better than in college. I think he was a QB at first in college and they just moved him to TE so he could stay on the team. He became an asset, but never thought he'd make it as a pro. Meanwhile we have a bunch of fecking texas alum. ARGH. Hampton...OK. We finally got rid of JScott, then we get Brown, who I don't think lasts long, hopefully. I think there's one other horn hiding on our roster too. And clearly a scout that likes to party in Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    As an Aggie fan, I was hoping for at least 1 of my 3 Aggies to hold on. Frederick was borderline, but thought he warranted PS. JJ deserved the roster spot. He had a passer rating of 138 and played well. Batch adds nothing and would be hanging around Pittsburgh anyway. JJ will get picked up somewhere. He's really progressed alot since college and his shoulder injury.So I have Jamie McCoy on PS. Never thought he would have lingered this long. He must have learned to block alot better than in college. I think he was a QB at first in college and they just moved him to TE so he could stay on the team. He became an asset, but never thought he'd make it as a pro. Meanwhile we have a bunch of fecking texas alum. ARGH. Hampton...OK. We finally got rid of JScott, then we get Brown, who I don't think lasts long, hopefully. I think there's one other horn hiding on our roster too. And clearly a scout that likes to party in Austin.
    Nope. Just Brown and Hampton...

Batch went to Texas Tech...is that who you're thinking of?

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Id like to hear your take on why we gave Beachum a roster spot and not Lee. Same positional capabilities, no?
    After watching the 4 preseason games, I predicted Ryan Lee would make the final 53 and Beachum would make the P.S. I'm not privy to all that went on at practice, though, so I won't question why the ultimate decision by the powers that be were vice versa.

If DeCastro was healthy, he obviously would have been on the 53 man roster, and I would have put both Lee and Beachum on the P.S. and not Malecki. That still may come to pass once we are able to activate DeCastro in the 2nd half of the season.