Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: FB Jacob Hester cut in San Diego

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    FB Jacob Hester cut in San Diego

    What are your thoughts on the Steelers taking a look at him? From watching him in San Diego, he seems like a good FB?

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,930
    He was also the Chargers special teams captain last year. I'm not sure how he is as a blocker, but the special teams prowess could make him interesting.

  3. #3
    Backup tiproast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    He was also the Chargers special teams captain last year. I'm not sure how he is as a blocker, but the special teams prowess could make him interesting.
    Chargers have been pretty bad on special teams the last couple of years. Two years ago they finished with the #1 offense and the #1 defense and failed to make the playoffs. Lots of blunders on special teams cost them several games.
    “We'll do the same thing that we always do. We'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.” - Bill Belichick

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,981
    Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Chargers have been pretty bad on special teams the last couple of years. Two years ago they finished with the #1 offense and the #1 defense and failed to make the playoffs. Lots of blunders on special teams cost them several games.

    Nice bit of insight, Tip. Thanks.

    BTW, interesting piece about your boys. Probably more to this than it written. Any more insight ?
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...just-24-hours/
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS






  5. #5
    Backup tiproast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post

    Nice bit of insight, Tip. Thanks.

    BTW, interesting piece about your boys. Probably more to this than it written. Any more insight ?
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...just-24-hours/
    Speculation on the Pats board that I read is that the front office screwed up, and that Demps should be the R/IR guy instead of Shiancoe.

    My guess is that since Demps couldn't get through two pre-season games without getting dinged up, they want him to put on some muscle. And with the offense being TE-centric, they want the option of getting Shiancoe back this year as the third TE.
    “We'll do the same thing that we always do. We'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.” - Bill Belichick

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,981
    Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Speculation on the Pats board that I read is that the front office screwed up, and that Demps should be the R/IR guy instead of Shiancoe.

    My guess is that since Demps couldn't get through two pre-season games without getting dinged up, they want him to put on some muscle. And with the offense being TE-centric, they want the option of getting Shiancoe back this year as the third TE.

    Sounds reasonable to protect him at bit since he's had little football work for a while. Demps likely to be another excellent asset for your offense. Welker was the steal of the the decade. Hope for our interests we don't find Demps to be another one.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS






  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,832
    I would like this
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

    2014 Draft

    1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    2,975
    I dont know any more about him than i do about Will Johnson, our current FB. and WJ caught a 27 yard pass against Carolina which made me happy.
    Guess id like to see what WJ can do
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014
    He would be an upgrade from WJ... Not to take away from our current #1 FB, JH was leader in college, something my fellow SEC brethren can attest to... And being capt of SD's special teams, it has obviously translated into the pro's. From my recollection he was an asset in run blocking and more so in the pass catching department, but average in pass protection. All that being said, I would assume he would command a higher price tag than WJ.... And we need to save as much $ as possible. I say pass...even though we are a little thin @ FB. I would rather get creative and put Legs in there in goal line packages.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,413
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY GOUK View Post
    He would be an upgrade from WJ... Not to take away from our current #1 FB, JH was leader in college, something my fellow SEC brethren can attest to... And being capt of SD's special teams, it has obviously translated into the pro's. From my recollection he was an asset in run blocking and more so in the pass catching department, but average in pass protection. All that being said, I would assume he would command a higher price tag than WJ.... And we need to save as much $ as possible. I say pass...even though we are a little thin @ FB. I would rather get creative and put Legs in there in goal line packages.
    Yes, I liked him coming out too. So if we do get him, I'd be happy to see it. That being said, as NJ-STEELER sorta said, he's not a thumper in a classic sense. He is a FB more by necessity than by fit. IOW, he's slow (by NFL standards), he's not nifty, just tough. His body even, isn't a FB thick, stout Lorenzo Neal-ish body. A smaller framed guy like him can't play the position for long.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •